Is this just my family or are all families like this?

4kad

I been having a gas attack all weekend which destroyed my 3 day weekend especially since I was supposed to go shopping today

My mom called me and I told her I could talk because I had a bloated feeling and discomfort in my back. Do you know that news spreaded all through the family? And it's with anything, layoffs, financial issues or health issues/

Basically family sitting gossping about another family member which has been weird to me.

Anyone else family like this?

I been having a gas attack all weekend which destroyed my 3 day weekend especially since I was supposed to go shopping today.:sick:

:sick:

Too much information!

Many families are like that. As long as they are only talking within the family some folks think it's OK to share everything.

If you don't want your business spread everywhere, stop telling them things. The quiet has to start with you keeping your own secrets.

• Like 1

I think all families talk about everyone, most do it because they care and want to help or they are just bored and have nothing else to talk about.

My mom and my grandmother are both on Facebook, they gossip about everything on there to each other, about whats going on with this family member or that friend of the family....

I just ignore it, and don't tell them too much about whats going on with me that I wouldn't want spread around or talked about without me present.

The part of my family that maintains a relationship with each other is pretty small. Basically me, one of my brothers, my mom and my kids. We do talk about each other and share each other's news. There is no malice or mean spirit behind it.

For example last year my brother's long term gf left him. He didn't reach out to anyone but he mentioned it to one of my sons, almost in a off handed manner. Then my son told me and I just knew my brother must be hurting but he never asks for support so I immediately called him to offer my support. He is such a good person who has always been there for me so I was genuinely concerned and worried for him. He was not offended and he seemed relieved almost at being able to talk about it. He doesn't know how to ask for things from people and so we have to go to him.

My son knows how much I love my brother and that's why he told me. Now if he had called up a bunch of other family members who we are not close to and who don't really care about what's going on in our lives then that would have been gossipy and out of line.

^ Well, his family certainly is.

Yeah, stop telling them stuff that's embarrassing. Your mother, bless her heart, just saw this news as a throwback to when you were her wittle bitty babeee and she was telling everyone about your bodily functions then too.

Don't give her any ammo. Next she'll be telling your significant other your entire history of bodily functions to prepare her. It's not on.

Teach her a lesson and go shopping with her and when you need to expel that bad gas, let it rip and thank her for informing the family. Let her know that the family is more then welcome to come over and they can pull your finger.