Mother passed away

Woggle

I just heard today that my mom passed away and all I feel is sadness at a life wasted being consumed with hate. I had long forgiven her because anybody that hateful can't be happy. I won't be attending her funeral because she said she doesn't want me or any other male there.

• Like 2

That's so sad that your mom's life was consumed with hate, but you sound resolved which is good. A lot of people sometimes feel guilty for thinking certain ways about their parents after they die, and it sounds like your mom had some serious issues, that prevented her from being a good mom. Prayers and hugs going out to you.

• Like 4
I just heard today that my mom passed away and all I feel is sadness at a life wasted being consumed with hate. I had long forgiven her because anybody that hateful can't be happy. I won't be attending her funeral because she said she doesn't want me or any other male there.

Your mom lost out on a relationship with you, she lost out on a good life. She chose a bad path and stuck to it.

You can go on knowing you tried and even forgave her.

I agree, having hate in your heart is the worst thing. Shame she couldn't see that.

• Like 3
I just heard today that my mom passed away and all I feel is sadness at a life wasted being consumed with hate.

Sorry Woggle. My mother also died a while back, and I had the same response.

Strength.

• Like 2
  • Author

I am just glad I broke the cycle of not following in her footsteps which I was close to doing. I want to die having lived most of life a miserable person hating half of the world.

• Like 5
GunslingerRoland

I'm sorry for your loss, it's unfortunate as even though you didn't have a good relationship with her, you still need a chance to grieve the loss of your mother and in some way this is denying that to you. Very unfair.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

So sorry for what you're going through, Woggle, but it's really great to read that you recognize the fallacy of living on hate. Wow! You have come a long way to decide that you won't live that way! What a good example you are to all of us to always take the high road! (((((Woggle)))))

• Like 1
Maybe you should go anyway, for you. I can imagine that you might later feel regret for not going, but I can't imagine that you'd ever feel regret for going.
  • Author

I didn't go because it said in her will that she didn't want me to attend and they would have kept me or any other man out. She was serious about that. I don't regret going because in many ways she already died when she let her hatred consume her.

• Like 1

I'm Sorry you are going through this. My biological father passed away five years ago. I didn't know him. He chose not to be a part of my life early on. I did grieve for his loss, but it wasn't that heart breaking for me because its hard to miss and grieve someone you never knew. I grieved more for what could have been.

Wishing you well.

• Like 1

Try to learn some forgiveness for her and her misguided hatred. Try to understand how she came to that place, feel for her, forgive her, and move on. Talk to her at her gravesite. She'll listen.

A mom is a mom it was her place in your life. I lost a furry friend and it was like a lost a human family member. Never thought of losing him as we were to caught up celebrating life. Until he got sick and passed on in less than a week, leaving all of us stunned. It left me with questioning my mortality and place in life like never before.

I can't imagine losing any of my parents as we're so close and went through so much.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers
I didn't go because it said in her will that she didn't want me to attend and they would have kept me or any other man out. She was serious about that. I don't regret going because in many ways she already died when she let her hatred consume her.

I am very sorry that you missed out on having a relationship with a mother that loved you dearly.

I am very sorry she dragged you through her Hell and hope that maybe if there is an afterlife that she can get some kind of education there. If not I hope you can let it go gently and possibly forgive her ineffective coping and lashing out.

But only if you are 110% healed first.

• Like 1

Certainly sounds like the world will be a better place without her. But it was your Mom, and on some level it must be painful for you. I am sorry for any pain you're feeling.