LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

rapport with brother

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Old 5th January 2017, 5:59 PM   #1
Established Member

rapport with brother

we speak on the phone weekly or fortnightly, just chat about our lives, we play catch-up, nice...

I usually visit him and his wife Boxing Day for a big family meal, her kids amd grandchildren make up a crowd of fifteen or so, lovely, but as I did not make it Christmas just gone, bro has invited me when I can make it

there will be no crowd, just me and bro and his wife

I care for my bro, though we do not have much in common, so apart from dicussing the news, current affairs, I am stuck as to what to say by way of convos, the visit can not be shorter than two hours, that is just manners

I know they will chat to me, ok, but still, I am stuck for ideas

any thoughts?
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 1:34 PM   #2
Established Member

If you are speaking weekly, then I'm afraid there is nothing much to talk about! You can talk about their or your own future plans , get nostalgic about some teenage Christmas you spent together, childhood pranks , your parents. Don't forget to include his wife somehow. Take a home cooked meal along that he likes.
mikeylo is offline   Reply With Quote