LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Going away for work?

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RecentChange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2016, 8:12 PM   #1
Established Member

Going away for work?

Hello all

Currently considering a dream job however this implies moving to a new city 5h drive away. I am used to seeing my family on nearly every weekend and I realize that this wouldn't be possible if I moved away.

Any perspective or similar experience would be strongly appreciated. I can't make up my mind on what to do.

Thanks!
phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 8:26 PM   #2
Established Member

You are used to seeing them every weekend?

What family are you talking about? A wife and kids, or your parents and siblings?

If you are talking about your folks, I say fly the coop! Take the opportunity.

Wife and kids would be a whole different story, and I think it would be selfish to leave them unless some financial reason made it unavoidable.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 9:48 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
You are used to seeing them every weekend?

What family are you talking about? A wife and kids, or your parents and siblings?

If you are talking about your folks, I say fly the coop! Take the opportunity.

Wife and kids would be a whole different story, and I think it would be selfish to leave them unless some financial reason made it unavoidable.
This. It's not necessary to see parents and siblings every weekend.

If you're speaking of your wife and children, then maybe they need to relocate with you if the job is worth it.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 10:32 PM   #4
Established Member

I am referring to parents and sibrings. That is true though it does not need to be once a week. Once a month can be just fine. Thanks for the insight.
phenix is offline   Reply With Quote