Old Enough to Stop Feeling Like a Child? Bad Daughter or Not?

SweetKitten

Hello, all. I'm going to keep this short.

I have a very close family. Two older sisters, both of which have set a prime example for me as far as certain things go. But then I came along.

I'm not a rebel by any means. I'm always respectful and I've always been told that I'm respectful and sweet, but sometimes I feel like the fact that I was extremely sheltered and the fact that my older siblings had no "rebellious" bones in their bodies, that my parents kind of feel like I'm a disappointment.

I have smoked. I drink. I've had sex. I go to parties and bars, but no more or less than any 24 year old. But these are all things neither one of my sisters did/do.

This past weekend I hung out with my mom and one sister. I had cigarettes in my car (I don't smoke them often and to be honest, I had planned tot grow them away, but forgot) and my mother drove my car. She tends to snoop sometimes and I found that the bag I had them wrapped in was open after I let her drive my car.

Also (another thing I forgot) I had a condom in my coin section of my wallet. Just in case. I'm not even regularly having sex because that's not something I enjoy. But she saw it, and again...I felt a bit of disappointment radiating from her.

Both of these things were my mistake for not putting them away, but I'm 24. I'm an adult. I live on my own and pay my own rent and bills. But I still feel like I have to be an angel because I'm the youngest and God forbid I do anything that a child wouldn't do.

I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't care but I also feel like I'm being a bad child.

Advice?

You're always to be a child to your parents! It's hard for lot's of parents to see their children growing up but they have to accept this and you have to stand in for it!

GunslingerRoland

I'd be disappointed in my kids if they smoked at any age. There is a reason why so few people in your generation smoke, you all knew from the time you were born how deadly it is.

But besides that you are an adult and the fact that you drink and have sex are things your parents shouldn't be shocked that you do. They do need to realize that you are well into your adult life.