Family caused me to give up dating

kolleamm

This has been bugging me for a while and I really think I should write a post on it. Anyways, I've developed a fear of dating. I believe that no woman will ever be good enough for my parents and they will make my life hell.

I had to quit my last relationship because my parents gave me such a hard time about her having a kid, although before even knowing she had a kid they didn't like her. They went as far as turning off my internet so I couldn't text her anymore.

They gave me the silent treatment for weeks and made me feel miserable. I'm 24 at the moment and would love to move out but financially it's not that easy.

Earlier today I had a conversation with my mom. She said she is very excited that I will start school and hopes I will make lots of friends...although I couldn't help but notice she didn't say anything about finding a girlfriend.

Why is it that my parents do not like the thought of me being with anyone? I understand I need to focus on school but life is not about just working and studying all day long.

What's wrong with them??

How old are you? If you're high school age, of course, you shouldn't be having babies! Why? Because you're incompetent to support or care for them.

If you're in your midtwenties or older, you shouldn't still be living with or taking orders from your parents. The fact that you are alone tells me that you are not mature enough to be having kids. And apparently, you can't be trusted to have a girlfriend and wear a condom. So....

• Author
How old are you? If you're high school age, of course, you shouldn't be having babies! Why? Because you're incompetent to support or care for them.

If you're in your midtwenties or older, you shouldn't still be living with or taking orders from your parents. The fact that you are alone tells me that you are not mature enough to be having kids. And apparently, you can't be trusted to have a girlfriend and wear a condom. So....

It says my age in the post, did you read it? And I don't think you understood my post...

• Like 1

Sorry I missed your age. Was the kid not your kid? Is that what I misunderstood? I mean, if you're not independent and able to make a living, then getting involved with someone with a kid OR having a kid is not a smart move. You can't take care of yourself, much less a kid, right? So they may be also clinging for some other reason but if nothing else, that would make sense to me. Until you can stand on your own two feet, you're living under their roof and go by their rules