My oldest brother is lying about his age

He's really my half brother we have different dads. He's had a failed marriage and he now getting back to dating. He's 38 years old but on his dating profile he put his put his age of 24. I admit my brother hasn't really aged. He eats healthy and exercises but mostly it's genetics. He probably looks 21-26 years old. I asked him why he's lying and he said used his biological age. He said if he used his chronological age no one would believe him and he would be penalized for taking care of himself.

I'm irritated because now I'm competing with my older brother. I'm worried that he'll date women I'm interested in. He's bringing a 20 year old he's seeing to meet me and my other brothers. He said not to mention his age because he getting it changed on his id so there's nothing to mention.

My brother made the point that all is fair in love and war and as long as he is genuinely interested in a woman then there is nothing wrong with what he's doing. Is he right? Is there anything I might try to say to get him to either tell his actual age or date women closer to his age? If I can't convince him, is there any way to stop worrying that he'll date a woman that I'm interested in?

Well you can't control who women want to date but I mean, the guy is a lying skeeze it sounds like.

Just ask him what year it was when he got his license in front of her or when he graduated and wait for the crickets....

If he's lying about his age to get younger girls that's actually beyond disgusting.

GorillaTheater
He said not to mention his age because he getting it changed on his id so there's nothing to mention.

I'd be interested in knowing how he proposes to change his birth information on an official ID.

• Like 6
I'm worried that he'll date women I'm interested in. ?

...and I am concerned for the poor women he is going to be lying to...

ChickiePops
I'd be interested in knowing how he proposes to change his birth information on an official ID.

This.

OP not to worry..your brother will be in prison for fraud soon enough if he tries to change his legal ID. He won't be able to fool anyone in there.

There is no way a 38 year-old can look like someone 21-26....

Eh, you'd be surprised. I just turned 30 and you have no IDEA how many times people ask me how high school is going.

A saleswoman recently asked me how prom dress shopping was going.

I was once mistaken for a TWELVE YEAR OLD.

So OP's brother probably has EXCELLENT genetics.

• Like 3
ChickiePops
Eh, you'd be surprised. I just turned 30 and you have no IDEA how many times people ask me how high school is going.

A saleswoman recently asked me how prom dress shopping was going.

I was once mistaken for a TWELVE YEAR OLD.

So OP's brother probably has EXCELLENT genetics.

I'm 34 and I still get ID'd at bars and restaurants..even when I'm with friends who are not. I was ID'd for an R rated movie a few months ago.

It happens.

• Like 2
  • Author

If he's lying about his age to get younger girls that's actually beyond disgusting.

I could get young girls without all the hassle. It doesn't make sense.
  • Author

Easy. All he as to do is get a fake id.

• Author
...and I am concerned for the poor women he is going to be lying to...

As my brother says all is fair in love and war. Is it ok to be deceitful if you're genuinely interested in someone? I don't know.

• Author
There is no way a 38 year-old can look like someone 21-26....
That's not true. Look at Gabriel Mann he's over 40 and looks 23. I'm sure when either Keanu Reeve or Dylan Mcdermott where 38 year old they would also look 21-26.

Of course it's wrong to tell lies to hook a woman. That is a no brainer but there are a lot of guys who do this and there's nothing you can do about it. Your brother is scuzzy but you can't control that. However why do you think you are competing with him for women? What does his lying about his age have to do with your dating life? A lot of young women go for older men, especially if they are good looking and youthful looking, so even if he told the truth he could still easily date a younger woman and there would be nothing wrong with that. There is no law that states that adults must only date other adults in the same age range. While lying and getting fake id is definitely wrong, I fail to see how your brother dating a younger woman, has anything at all to do with you.

• Like 1
That's not true. Look at Gabriel Mann he's over 40 and looks 23. I'm sure when either Keanu Reeve or Dylan Mcdermott where 38 year old they would also look 21-26.

It's possible but I just googled recent photo's of Gabriel Mann and while at first glance his overall appearance is very youthful, when you study his face you can see signs of his true age. Slightly sunken eyes, some shadows right beneath his eyes, crows feet and some creases in his cheeks. Loss of fullness and elasticity in his skin. And this all shows in professional photo's with good lighting and positioning. I'm sure his age is even more noticeable in real life. The below photo's were taken 4 yrs ago and he doesn't look 23 to me but it looks like he snagged himself a young woman.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gabriel+Mann+Billy+Reid+Front+Row+Spring+2013+DxiIYPmDMdRl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mandy%2BMoore%2BGabriel%2BMann%2BBilly%2BReid%2BFront%2B2_pZMb2juWAx.jpg

• Like 1
introverted1
It's possible but I just googled recent photo's of Gabriel Mann and while at first glance his overall appearance is very youthful, when you study his face you can see signs of his true age. Slightly sunken eyes, some shadows right beneath his eyes, crows feet and some creases in his cheeks. Loss of fullness and elasticity in his skin. And this all shows in professional photo's with good lighting and positioning. I'm sure his age is even more noticeable in real life. The below photo's were taken 4 yrs ago and he doesn't look 23 to me but it looks like he snagged himself a young woman.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gabriel+Mann+Billy+Reid+Front+Row+Spring+2013+DxiIYPmDMdRl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mandy%2BMoore%2BGabriel%2BMann%2BBilly%2BReid%2BFront%2B2_pZMb2juWAx.jpg

Agree.

You also can't base age estimates by anyone in the entertainment industry because they tend to have many procedures (lasers, fillers, botox, surgeries) that mask signs of aging. Not to mention that the pictures are then photo-shopped!

His deception ... Remain quiet and you are supporting it.

Hard to argue with the facts. introduce yourself to his date and share with her the facts. If he interjects, remind him that your memory is just fine.

I sense your motive is more in line to sibling rivalry then it is to be concerned about his date being hoodwinked. Examine your motive.

• Like 1