Message from brother saying to meet him

Cresingdown

Cresingdown

< Moderator note: link to background story for context: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/cheating-flirting-jealousy/416391-will-my-brother-ever-forgive-me-sleeping-his-fiancee >

We haven't spoken for 3 years and it was my fault.

I don't really get on my email every single day but for some reason I decided to get in. I noticed a short message from yesterday. He wants me to meet him at our old HS building, adding that if I get the message to confirm the time. Gonna confirm it sometime today after getting off work.

I think he still may want to punch the hell out of me and curse me out, telling him what a POS I am, etc. I ran like a coward and never really gave him the chance to confront him in person (only by phone). At the time he didn't want to speak to me either (plus I was taken off his fb), understandable.

Any suggestions?? I guess I'm still scared of him, of how all this will go.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
added link to old thread ~6
We haven't spoken for 3 years and it was my fault.

I don't really get on my email every single day but for some reason I decided to get in. I noticed a short message from yesterday. He wants me to meet him at our old HS building, adding that if I get the message to confirm the time. Gonna confirm it sometime today after getting off work.

I think he still may want to punch the hell out of me and curse me out, telling him what a POS I am, etc. I ran like a coward and never really gave him the chance to confront him in person (only by phone). At the time he didn't want to speak to me either (plus I was taken off his fb), understandable.

Any suggestions?? I guess I'm still scared of him, of how all this will go.

Hard to say without the background. May be a good or maybe even a last chance for you to apologize if you did him wrong.

• Author
Cresingdown
Hard to say without the background. May be a good or maybe even a last chance for you to apologize if you did him wrong.
Yes, I terribly wronged him and the family hasn't ever been the same since; I know it will never be. I slept with his then fiancee.

Thing is, the last time we spoke is when he found out (I went somewhere else that day and then relocated miles away) and off course send me to hell by the phone.

Yes, I terribly wronged him and the family hasn't ever been the same since; I know it will never be. I slept with his then fiancee.

Thing is, the last time we spoke is when he found out (I went somewhere else that day and then relocated miles away) and off course send me to hell by the phone.

You know what you did was wrong. But it took two of you to do it. Maybe he's mad at you or maybe he's already forgiven you. Maybe he will walk up to you say 'face or belly?' give you one good lick in the place of your choosing and then you guys will be laughing it off over beers at the end of the night.

You don't know. In any event, you can't control what he chooses to do just like he couldn't control what you chose to do. Just be honest with him and yourself. Don't let fear control you.

It sounds like you've betrayed yourself more than you betrayed him, you're just afraid of what he might do because you think you know what YOU would do.

bathtub-row

I think you should meet him and take your medicine. If he wants to punch your lights out, then let him. Running away from this is never going to resolve it and it's never going to bring your family back together again.

• Like 1

If your safety is a concern, Bring a friend or meet in a very crowded public place.

Don't eat before going though, because there is going to be plenty of humble pie being served!

You crossed the cardinal rule, Bros before.....

• Like 1
  • Author
Cresingdown

Will meet up with him by Sunday early afternoon. That's my only day I'm completely off from both work and college.

The only reply I got when confirming was an ''Ok, see you Sunday''.

You never know. Maybe he's realized you saved him from marrying a [cheater].

At any rate, the best path forward is always to embrace integrity.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
berating language ~6
  • Like 2
  • Author
Cresingdown

Finally came the moment. It went well. Tayla, I was thinking about it but at the last moment decided to handle this myself since I'm the one that got all of us into this mess. Not all of my college friends knows it and didn't feel like getting them involve in something that's not really their business.

Honestly, I really thought he was gonna charge towards me or say an ''I've been waiting for this'' and then punch me. No mention about his ex fiancee and seemed like a normal conversation (college, politics, how we don't want Trump to be the president, weightlifting, cars, etc.).

NTV, The only thing you guess right is we had a couple beers shortly afterwards. Next is I got invited to a party him and his friends will be assisting on Friday night of this upcoming week. I'll try to make it for a couple hours though, don't be staying too long. I still got 2 classes on Sat (one at 9am and another at 1pm).

Since he wasn't mentioning about it, I still decided to apologize for one last time and told him I won't ever betray him like that again but don't think he wanted to talk about it. He quickly changed the subject and asked if I was coming to the party.

That's that and I'm glad to have him back. As of now, I've been added to his fb and messenger.

• Like 3

OP, good news on your meeting.

your thread is what certain BS miss (those that expect the WS family to be on BS side). the bonds of family are great. mistakes are made (actually expected), then forgiven. i trust you will appreciate that.

now, learn from your brother --- forgive yourself.