How to keep my siblings from becoming estranged?

Sunberry

At this point, I feel like that's where we're headed. I want them to understand, but I deem it fruitless.

I'm 22. My brother and sister treat me to a lesser degree than they do each other.We had an argument. I tend to call my sister a lot just to talk about silly things, but there are times I call her for important things. When I did, she cursed at me and told me she didn't care. Which prompted me to talk to my brother and sister and basicaly tell them as much as I don't mind kidding around, I would like some degree of respect as I hardly get it from them. This was the outcome:

Brother (18) : He compares me to my sister all the time. "____ wouldn't be caught up in stuff like this", "____ wouldn't keep it moving", "_____ is stronger than you.'". When our mini fight happened, he emphasizes with my sister more than me. "You need to apologize to _____". He says I have to earn respect in order to get it and states that because I smoke marijuana (occasional), he can't respect me. I was a mean older sister when I was a child to early teens, but apologized to him when I was 15 or 16.

Sister (21): She says I need to grow up and that I need to act like an older sibling in order to get any respect from her. I was a little mean to her as well, but not as much as my brother during the younger years, but gradually we grew closer and didn't change anything. She'll apologize to my brother for mishaps but never to me. (I.e missed calls, etc.)

In any case, they're replies prompted me to tell them both they both make me feel like ****. I have cyclical depression as well as an anxiety disorder (they don't) and am trying to live life accordingly (counselors, etc.) but feel so misunderstood it's unbearable. I haven't talked to my sister in almost 2 months and it makes me sad. I honestly want an apology but I'm not going to get it. I feel like I shouldn't try anymore...please help...

All siblings are mean to each other at some point. I have four brothers - and am the middle child and only girl. We all were horrible to each other but now we're fine.

If your siblings don't want anything to do with you, you can't make them. Give them some space and try again in a few months or so and if still nothing let it go. It's not worth getting stressed out over if they aren't making an effort.

• Like 1