mom obsessed w/death

newmoon

Ok, so my dad died very unexpectedly two years ago. Just dropped dead, no warning. My mom and dad were best friends but not married at the time. My mom (73) got freaked out about death after my dad died. Like she's obsessed about dying and her own death, despite not being sick in any way. She has been divesting all her stuff since he died - Goodwill, selling, donations, the garbage, etc. so i won't have anything to deal with once she's gone. She keeps writing wills and trusts and shifting her money around. So, today she gives up her dog to a rescue b/c she already knows I wouldn't be able to take him (i have 3 dogs already). How do I get her to stop this behavior? - it's been going on about a year now. She won't buy more than 1 package of anything anymore (like toothpaste, towels, and household items). It's like planning for the end when there is no need yet and throwing out things while you still need them. I live in a different state so she tells me this stuff and I cannot physically stop her or control her. She is in good health aside from some arthritis, so this is nutso.

You as well?

Mums been doing this for a while. (Since Dad passed) I let her get on with it now. I tried to intervene but to no avail. Older sister and i oversee what we can but we cannot be there all the time.

Take a step back or at least try.

Not easy at all.

GL.