Parents avoiding until recently

Countryredneckbae

Countryredneckbae

Hey everyone. In the last few days my parents have been trying to get back into my life but I want no part of them. My grandma had died Wednesday and my grandma was the only one who really wanted to do anything with me. My parents would always leave me and my grandma alone, would say what they were doing or where they were going. I had no involvement with my parents I didn't get to really see what my parents where like. I kinda kept my parents out of my life and now since Wednesday thy are trying to make up to me. I want no part of them and I don't even want to talk to them. I lock myself in my room to stay away from them cause of them leaving me behind for 10 years and never telling me anything. Is this normal for me to not want my parents in my life after so long?

I don't really know what you mean by saying your parents would leave you and your grandma alone. If you mean that they abandoned you with your grandma and ran off to live somewhere else and neither you or grandma knew where they were living or if they were coming back, then I understand your feelings.

If you mean that your parents would routinely leave you with your grandma for a few days here and there while they went off to do their own thing and they didn't give you an itinerary of their activities, then I think you are over the top.

My mom often sent me to live with my grandma. I don't think it was the right thing for her to do. She was young and irresponsible and not ready to be a full time parent. I don't think she was a good mom to me when I was a kid. She got better as she got older but by then I was a teenager and then she had 2 more kids and so my brothers reaped more benefits than I did. However I always loved her and I loved my grandma too. I never thought her actions warranted cutting her completely out of my life.

Perhaps you can explain your situation a bit more so I can better understand your reasoning.

• Author
Countryredneckbae
How old are you?

Need more detail of your family relationship to understand and offer insight.

Im 14. My parents have always been leaving me behind. They wanted nothing to do with me. I have always staye with my grandma until recently. My parents are trying to make up for the last 10 years but I want no part of them.

Unless they turned over parental rights, then yes they have an obligation to attend to you til Legal age. If your grandparent had sole custody, you are now considered orphaned and the courts wil decide your fate til of age. ( again I may be presuming here so...)

Whether the choice was to see to it that you had an adult supervision, you are by no means eligible to determine your independent life choices. Those come when you are emancipated into adulthood.

I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your grandparent.

Personally I would love to hear from your parents on this as there is probably an entire side we are not privy to. Yet you are hurting and deserve a listening ear for this time of your life. Is there a school counselor you can speak with?

• Like 1