Feeling guilty for not attending my cousin's wedding...

emerald86

I'm very close to my cousin, and she really wanted me to be at her wedding, but I couldn't attend. I'm in graduate school and her wedding was during the week of my final exams, in a country on the other side of the world. It was nearly impossible for me to fly to a different country toward the end of the semester. Had the wedding been just a week later, I would've definitely been there.

Honestly, I'm still feeling pretty guilty. She's my cousin and this is a once in a lifetime thing. Should've I have just taken the vacation during the semester and gone? It would've been very exhausting and complicated, and perhaps my grades may have suffered just a bit, but I'm thinking now that maybe it would've been worth it to see her get married.

I'm very close to my cousin, and she really wanted me to be at her wedding, but I couldn't attend. I'm in graduate school and her wedding was during the week of my final exams, in a country on the other side of the world. It was nearly impossible for me to fly to a different country toward the end of the semester. Had the wedding been just a week later, I would've definitely been there.

Honestly, I'm still feeling pretty guilty. She's my cousin and this is a once in a lifetime thing. Should've I have just taken the vacation during the semester and gone? It would've been very exhausting and complicated, and perhaps my grades may have suffered just a bit, but I'm thinking now that maybe it would've been worth it to see her get married.

You had your exams which were very important. I bet she totally understands and isn't mad at you. Please don't feel guilty.

When you see her next, take her and her husband out for dinner, give them a wedding gift too. No guilt, k!

You had another obligation & it wasn't exactly around the corner. Do something lovely for her & her new husband when you get home. Ohhh & ahhh over her wedding pictures.