i think my dad has cancer

nickprior

saw on his wifes facebook tonight on a status she said "kevin is having colon surgery whenever the doctor decides to do it"

could this be cancer

my dad is really personal and wont ever discuss his life with you

so if i know i ask him or his wife they wont tell me

what else would he be having surgery for on his colon

my grandpa (dads dad) had colon cancer and so did my grandpas brother

understand50
saw on his wifes facebook tonight on a status she said "kevin is having colon surgery whenever the doctor decides to do it"

could this be cancer

my dad is really personal and wont ever discuss his life with you

so if i know i ask him or his wife they wont tell me

what else would he be having surgery for on his colon

my grandpa (dads dad) had colon cancer and so did my grandpas brother

nickprior,

Go see your dad. This is life threatening, and you need to spend time. Colon Cancer, is one of those things that does not seem to end well, there is hope, do not get me wrong.

Go see you Dad, you will regret it if you do not.

I wish you luck.

• Like 1

Since Hippa Exists its hard to know what the real diagnosis is or the reason for the hospital stay. Go visit him, whether he is sick or not, maintain contact.

Don't be that fair weather relative that is only around during the good times, be there all the time.

Does your dad know his wife has posted this on Facebook, considering he's such a private person?? He might be mortified to learn his wife is posting stuff like that on there. I'd ask her what the surgery is for, and if she refuses to answer ask if dad knows about the Facebook post...that may prompt her to spill.

As the previous poster's have said, go and see him. Keep in contact, whether he's well or not.

• Like 3
ChicagoSparty

Nick, by all means, go see your dad.

I just lost my mom to cancer yesterday. I had made arrangements to go down and see her this week, but I didn't get down there in time. We don't know how the clock of somebody's life ticks or when it might just suddenly stop.

Go see him.