I don't like my family...is this normal?

gemo-opus

Have you asked them to stop gossiping?

Would you like them more if they talked about you less?

If you are an adult & able to support yourself you can do whatever you chose.

Clarence_Boddicker

Not at all. Just because people are family members, doesn't make them good people. If they've done something really horrible to you, don't feel bad in disowning them. You don't owe your family anything. A lot of people would lead happier lives, if they cut ties from bad family members. Unrequited loyalty is not always a good thing.

• Author

No, not gossip. Like doting on them in every family occasion. and being told by all how "successful" I am, when there are others who are PhDs, doctors, etc.

so **** them, i have no need for them. it's due to people like "them" that i had to see doctors for stress disorders (but with no DSM diagnosis...)

You don't like your family because you think they praise you too much? And this sent you into therapy for stress?

Well I'm glad you are in therapy and you are absolutely entitled to feel the way you feel but before you disown them, consider asking them to stop praising you.

• Author
You don't like your family because you think they praise you too much? And this sent you into therapy for stress?

Well I'm glad you are in therapy and you are absolutely entitled to feel the way you feel but before you disown them, consider asking them to stop praising you.

i used to be long ago, but not now. but then i don't like it, but assert i cannot think/feel as i please...i don't acknowledge that "law"...:cool: