Deciding if I should cut ties with my family

imperfectangel

imperfectangel

My parents and family have never been supportive. I feel like I am never good enough and I'm not sure I want them in my life anymore

There was a huge row on Saturday where I felt I was being bullied by them all it felt like they were ganging up on me. I was crying and not one hugged me just carried on trying to argue.

They have tried to call me since but I don't want to speak to them. I don't want them in my life anymore. I want to live my own life without being judged where I can have my own opinion and not get jumped on because I don't agree with them

They have never been there for me and I had lots of problems growing up (depression) but they think it's all for attention

How do you cut ties? I don't want to write a letter. I don't want drama I just don't want any contact with them anymore

d0nnivain

I'm a big fan of the fade out. Simply stop calling them. Don't respond when they reach out to you. If they invite you somewhere, politely decline saying you are busy.

• Author
imperfectangel

I have ignored all contact from them mainly because I will cry if I speak to them and I do not want that I want to be able to speak confidently if/when we do speak

If they text me I will just reply I'm sorry I don't want to talk to any of you right now and leave it at that.

They will never apologise as they are always blameless and will not take responsibility for how they have hurt me