Do you like to be reminded of the exact day a family member died?

smg15

My family has a habit of doing this and it has really annoyed me because I don't need to know the exact day. I know the year and that's enough for me. Today I was reminded my grandmother passed on this day 7 years ago and I was at work trying to hold back years at my desk. Does anyone else family do this?

no it's not right for someone to remind you

if they meant that much to you you'd remember anyway

but there will always be 1 familly or friend that will remind

everyone:rolleyes:

aM

I can't forget, no matter how much I wish I could.

To some people honoring the date of death is like a remembrance.

I'm sorry it brought you to tears but try to take the sadness at the loss & focus on the good memories. That becomes easier for me with each passing year but this time of year always makes it tougher.

• Author
I can't forget, no matter how much I wish I could.

To some people honoring the date of death is like a remembrance.

I'm sorry it brought you to tears but try to take the sadness at the loss & focus on the good memories. That becomes easier for me with each passing year but this time of year always makes it tougher.

I talk about her everyday like she is still here. I been doing that for 7 years

• Like 1

It's really funny that this thread just popped up today. I just got a e mail from my niece telling me that this was the day my dad passed away. She was close to her grandfather and really loved him a lot. I knew what day it was and it makes it easier that I'm not alone when thinking about it. By the time the day is out, my other niece will do the same thing and she felt the same way about him. What were doing is honoring him.

• Like 1