Should i go study abroad under this circumstance?

emi

Well, my father married my mother even though she was poor, and my grandmother was strongly opposed to that, but he did anyway.

When i was born, she played cold war with my mom and dad, made my mom do all the housework all day and night, and always promote my dad another woman with better background. I was victim to her bitchness also. She bashed me everytime she had a chance

When my family moved, luckily we could escaped her. But now for some personal reason she moved to our house temporarily. And now im study at the university. But since the job market seems so bad, she suggested me to go abroad to study at my aunty´s place.

The offer has been there for years ago, i was just not interested into doing that field they chosen for me, so i turned ít down. But now, i know my goal to open my own business cant be easy if i dont have the capital which i dont. My auntie said i should study nursing, that have good chance of getting a job, also to familiarize with new environment/ save money to study whatever my heart desired.

Nursing and business are too different. And yeah, i have my tuition paid by my auntie n grandmom, they will not want to risk all that money to let me follow my dream now.

And secondly, they are strict. Things i said 10years ago which meant nothing to me, they took it seriously and keep inside and bring ít back everytime. Well, i hate that. I dont like them at all

But this chance is rare. I can stay in my auntie place n food is free. Sure i need to do the cleaning. But its a good start than most international students

And lastly, i have a feeling that my grandmom will say i own her even after i paid the debt. Shes always brag about her deeds. I dont want her say if ít not for her, i wouldnt here today. Especially to my parents´s face.

Please help me, application deadline is near and my mind is messed up

It really depends on how dire your current situation is. If you live in a developed country where you can apply for student loans/allowance and if worst comes to worst, you won't be left starving to death on the streets... I would advise you not to take up their offer. On the other hand, if you come from a developing country and you literally have no other options, then I would understand if you took the offer up despite the personal strings that you will be tying yourself to.

• Author
It really depends on how dire your current situation is. If you live in a developed country where you can apply for student loans/allowance and if worst comes to worst, you won't be left starving to death on the streets... I would advise you not to take up their offer. On the other hand, if you come from a developing country and you literally have no other options, then I would understand if you took the offer up despite the personal strings that you will be tying yourself to.

Sadly, im from developing country. And honestly, i wouldnt want to go abroad like this either. I look like some asian immigrant doing anything ít takes for a better shot in a country which its not mine. I couldnt held my head high.. But really, its other better option at the moment.. And thanks for fast reply

Sadly, im from developing country. And honestly, i wouldnt want to go abroad like this either. I look like some asian immigrant doing anything ít takes for a better shot in a country which its not mine. I couldnt held my head high.. But really, its other better option at the moment.. And thanks for fast reply

It doesn't sound that awful to me - you're doing it legally, you're not hurting anyone else, and it's only human nature to want the best shot at a good life for yourself.

IMO you should take up the offer, then pay them back later if you want.

• Author
It doesn't sound that awful to me - you're doing it legally, you're not hurting anyone else, and it's only human nature to want the best shot at a good life for yourself.

IMO you should take up the offer, then pay them back later if you want.

Even though ít might deter me from what i really like? I mean i may be a good nurse but seriously i never considered ít as my career option.

And all with those nagging and witchy nature

Even though ít might deter me from what i really like? I mean i may be a good nurse but seriously i never considered ít as my career option.

And all with those nagging and witchy nature

Will you realistically be able to find a way to do what you like in your current circumstances and in your country?

emi, if you don't want to go to nursing school then don't. Stay with your current college study for business if that is what you want to do. Do not let your family pressure you. Can you move in with a friend to get away from your family? If you go abroad to live with your aunt, you will never have your own life as long as your family has control over your life choices. Do what you want to do, even if it means disobeying your family. You need to live your life for yourself, not for your family.

• Like 1

Editing to add: If the answer is yes, then turn down the offer. If the answer is no, take the offer, pay it back, live independently, save up, and start your own business in 10 years' time or so in a country that is more conducive to your success.

• Like 1
  • Author

I do not know for sure if there is any relistic way to carry out my plan in my native country. And Im not sure if i can live peacefully with my auntie either. But since at her place offer a much better opportunity and environment, i do not know if its wise to turn out the offer. Of course i like to live on my own, i dont need worry about anyone then. But reality is i indeed can use some helps