Why Do I Wish My Family Dead So Much

anxiety101

Im 17 years old. I grew up with my family, but the thing is they are all so obnoxious, like I mean generally stupid. Lets get started on the evaluation here.

My mom: She always haves break downs by simply saying one little word. For example I will say "Hey mom I cleaned the clothes but I dont know where this one goes" and she will say "STOP WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING ME NERVOUS STOP IT! " and stomp her feet and lock herself in her room for the rest of the day and ignore me all the day. Having a conversation with my mom is impossible not because she is mean but because she really talks strange. For example she will start the convo by saying "You know what I realized, Im really pretty! I mean a lot of others are just fat and stuff but not me, I still stayed pretty." Another one (The strange part is when she starts talking like how her characters in her Drama show start talking "You know I realized I need to change in life, I need to make this world a better place, be the women I need to be, the highest! Im gonna be what god wanted me to be." This is how she is. (I tried to get her to go to the psychiatrist but she keeps saying "IM NOT CRAZY, YOUR THE ONE THATS NOT NORMAL" than she brings me to the hospital emergency psychiatrist to get me evaluated yet again and I get told the same story every time she sends me there "You are normal and have anxiety, why do you keep coming here?" )

My dad: My dad just always yells at me.

I always wish my family died, why? Dr said I was normal. I told the many of the psychiatrist what I go through, with my mom the most pulling tantrums, they said its a normal reaction to feel extreme rage towards them. Many of them told me the same thing, everytime my mom sent me there because I would disagree with her on something.

Edited by anxiety101

Don't wish your family dead. Bad karma. Instead, wish them well.

Your mom is unbalanced, your dad will side with her just because...

Do you have an aunt, or another close family member you talk to about all this stuff going on at home? Or a friends mom?

You're normal. Completely normal so do your best to ignore your mom's attacks. She has deep issues which she takes out on you.

Don't react when she flips out. As hard as that may be at times, for your own benefit, the less you react, the better you'll feel.

Your situation sounds rough... I feel for what you're going through.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't wish your family dead. Bad karma. Instead, wish them well.

Your mom is unbalanced, your dad will side with her just because...

Do you have an aunt, or another close family member you talk to about all this stuff going on at home? Or a friends mom?

You're normal. Completely normal so do your best to ignore your mom's attacks. She has deep issues which she takes out on you.

Don't react when she flips out. As hard as that may be at times, for your own benefit, the less you react, the better you'll feel.

Your situation sounds rough... I feel for what you're going through.

The thing is its hard to "ignore her" because even if I do that, and try not to give a response, she really just goes unsteady and starts to yell. She will start yelling loud saying horrible things like "LISTEN TO ME, STOP IGNORING ME!! YOU CANT DO THIS!" she will pull these horrible tantrums like punch the wall while screaming, hitting a chair in place while showing her teeth to show she is angry, and than stomp her feet really hard and not talk to me. I really am trying, but even if I stay in my room she will march in my room randomly and say things that are just so ridiculous like strange to the point like "I FINALLY REALIZED WHY MY LIFE IS SO BAD, I FOUND THE CURE!" And it honestly is so annoying, there is no out running this women.

How about going away to college? Is that a viable escape?

Also - wishing death on anyone is pretty drastic. From the little you've shared, I would definitely be annoyed - but I don't think I could ever wish death on family members. All that negativity isn't going to help you either.

Is there any way you could get your dad to have your mom checked out? If you approach him when he's in a good mood perhaps?

They both sound very strange but you should get out of this mindset of wishing them dead, or anything along those lines. That's a very dangerous, judgmental and controlling viewpoint to have.

What you would be better off thinking about is how lucky you are that you don't have to live in that environment much longer. You will be out of the house someday very soon and you'll never have to deal with them again, if that's what you choose to do. Nothing says that you have to keep ties with your family once you leave home. Heck, you can even leave the country, join the armed forces, whatever. But, currently, they're giving you a bed to sleep in, a roof over your head, and food to eat. That may seem minor but when you don't have those things, life becomes extremely difficult. If you have a better choice right now, then by all means, take it. If not, accept this situation as it is for now and make your plans to leave as soon as you can. As long as you know it's not forever, it's bearable, right?