Haven't seen my father in+10 years

Bumpin in My Trunk

Bumpin in My Trunk

He also hasn't paid his child support. My mom and I have to tried to located him by using the child support services but they always say they can't find him. He's very slick alright!!! However, I did find his real email and his real phone number. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The question is now, how do I, or child support services or the government, locate him PERMANENTLY?

Reasons I need his physical address so badly is because I need the money. I'm pretty poor and I could use the money to pay for important things such as health insurance or my education

Any takers on how to locate a very sneaky child-support-payment avoider parent?

• Author
Bumpin in My Trunk

Nah man he's just doing to cancel is account and get a new number. This is the only information I've been able to gather in 10 years so I'm not going to give it up that easily.

As preraph said, no matter how old you are, any back-payments or currently due or future payments belong to your mother. You are not entitled to claim any of it as your own and/or for your exclusive use...although obviously you MAY be a beneficiary, through your mother's good will, if you help to track him down.

The question is now, how do I, or child support services or the government, locate him PERMANENTLY?

If he is a member of some kind of organized club, group or association -- a union or church or mixed-league baseball thing, it can be helpful. But there isn't any way to absolutely ensure that he will not be successful in staying one step ahead of CSS.

• Author
Bumpin in My Trunk
As preraph said, no matter how old you are, any back-payments or currently due or future payments belong to your mother. You are not entitled to claim any of it as your own and/or for your exclusive use...although obviously you MAY be a beneficiary, through your mother's good will, if you help to track him down.

I forgot to mention she also has his email and phone and we both agreed we can't talk those departments and give away what little we have. All that's gonna do is just scare him away and make him try harder to hide his tracks. Yes she will receive the payments but all I'm trying to do here is asking for help on finding this guy. She needs a new car and medical treatment for teeth so really, any way of finding him that doesn't involve him being notified would be nice.

so really, any way of finding him that doesn't involve him being notified would be nice.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to get at him and, especially, at his wages/earnings, without him being notified. A private investigator costs money, and even then what is uncovered is no certainty that your Mom will be able to recover what is owed to her.

For example, even if he's been working steadily at a job for five years...if you can get his wages garnisheed without him first knowing about it, he can still quit - and go back into hiding, as it were - with the very first garnishment deduction from his pay cheque. (I've worked in HR; unfortunately, that happens. If he doesn't leave a forwarding address, or an accurate one, with the company (or landlord or bank or whatever), then there's nothing more that can be done through that avenue.)

I don't know that CSS has any authority over bank accounts and/or other types of savings/investment accounts. You can contact your local CSS and ask what and how they might be able to achieve with a current email address and phone number -- both of which are, unfortunately, extremely easy to rid oneself of. Yes, it is too easy for "deadbeat" parents to escape their financial responsibility. But, in this age of throw-away phone numbers and email addresses, it's not, I don't think, going to get easier to hold them accountable.

I am sorry to not have any better suggestions for you and your mom.