Why is my brother and my dad being this way?

Broncos38

I don't understand why my family has been so hard to my fiancee. Especially my dad and brother. My dad put my fiancee on a payee program which she shouldn't even be on and it destroyed her credit limit, it lowered and she has no credit cards now. And her mother helped her since she was 24. And my dad didn't trust with her own money, which she is on SSI. And I lost my other job recently. I quit my other job back in may because I was stressed out by working so much while I was trying to move in our apartment. But now my brother tells me that I really should get a new girl. I got so upset because me and my fiancee went through allot to get where we're at now. My fiancee isn't preventing me to go back to work and my fiancee wants to work. She has jobs but they fired her because she was too patient. I'm on ssdi. My dad was my payee for over three years. Our summer hasn't been that much fun at all. Waiting around for our money to process. We hated the payee situation to pay our bills. My dad an about my car too for a while and money too. Also my fiancee has epilepsy and she can work and she can drive and get her temps.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said but I bet your girl gives a good handjob so tell them that.

• Like 1
  • Author
I have absolutely no idea what you just said but I bet your girl gives a good handjob so tell them that.

She doesn't do that.

Sorry you're having so much trouble. I GOOGLED SSDI payee to understand what it was. Social Security - Representative Payee Program - Become an Organizational Payee You may already have this, but if not, here is SS's page about payees and your options and contact info if you have questions. Not sure how being your payee ruined her credit. But you should call and talk to them. Maybe they can help.

"Call Social Security's toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on business days. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on business days or call your local Social Security office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on business days."

I know nothing is easy, but you both need to get back to work as soon as you can so things don't spiral downward. Meanwhile, make sure your money is being handled correctly and that you understand your rights there by looking at that link and contacting SSDI. Good luck.

rarely do I say this to a person who is making inquiries, but 98% of your topics are about this scenario. Please seek help, you are beating a dead horse here and expecting it to grow wings. No one here knows your family yet based on your consistent same topic different day, I can say you are focused on this far too much and may have better luck with a professional.

Please contact SS yourself and assert your rights. They can answer your questions, but you cannot call them and just talk about your fiance. You have to ask them how to gain control over your money now or get it out of the hands of your father. If you come at them with nothing but personal problems of dad and fiance, they will write you off as incompetent. Call them, tell them you have not got good access to your funds and how do you get authority over your funds again and not a payee.

• Author

Well, I already became my payee but it was not easy to take over my funds from my dad and I didn't like asking him for more money and he will ask me what it is for. My mom tells me some of is there's but I worked into it but how can it be there's when it really isn't. And my fiancee was helping me to get it. My dad was threatening my fiancee with 8,000 to her and I didn't understand that and my fiancee didn't do anything wrong either. My dad was obsessive about my money and car.

Well, it sounds like your parents may be also struggling financially. Are you living under their roof? If so, maybe they do deserve some bit of the money for your expenses. And sounds like he maybe bought you a car? Anyway, you keep being payee. If it gets to where your fiance is working and you can work at anything that makes more money than the SSDI, then you could maybe find a cheap place somewhere. You also might want to have a sit-down with a Social Services person if you haven't already and see if there are any other ways they can direct you to financial aid like housing, food stamps.