Am I allowed to get her

cachehunter83

cachehunter83

My wife of 10 years recently took our 4 year daughter back to Indiana from Virginia to get a job while family watched our daughter. Once getting there I find out that she doesn't want to be married anymore. Now I am hearing from family and friends that she is bouncing out daughter around to who ever will watch her while she goes out with friends, to the bar, what ever. I am also hearing that a lot of time she (me wife) will lock herself in a bedroom while my daughter sits out side the door crying for her mother and my wife just ignores her. This really frustrates me. She hasn't started a job yet and is living with her mom and two other sisters. I am planning a trip to go see them, but my main question is can I legally bring my daughter back to Virginia with me. I already have a house, a baby sitter for while I am at work, and I don't go out running around with friends or to the bar instead of spending time with my little girl.

Please help.

You need legal counsel, I would suggest you get it.. without a court order you are screwed.

Time to file a legal separation agreement that stipulates where your daughter is to reside.

Call an attorney today...

From what I've understood of child custody,and I could be wrong as I'm not an attorney,unless there's a court ordered agreement in place then you have every right to get your daughter and bring her home with you.

Then go to court ASAP and file for custody and get a temporary custody order before you leave the courthouse.

Don't give your wife any heads up on your plans bc nothing is stopping her from going and doing that same.The parent with physical possession of the child has the upper hand at this point.

Contact a couple of attorneys who offer free consultations to ask about your rights regarding your daughter as well as steps to take to protect yourself in anticipation of a divorce.

My wife of 10 years recently took our 4 year daughter back to Indiana from Virginia to get a job while family watched our daughter. Once getting there I find out that she doesn't want to be married anymore. Now I am hearing from family and friends that she is bouncing out daughter around to who ever will watch her while she goes out with friends, to the bar, what ever. I am also hearing that a lot of time she (me wife) will lock herself in a bedroom while my daughter sits out side the door crying for her mother and my wife just ignores her. This really frustrates me. She hasn't started a job yet and is living with her mom and two other sisters. I am planning a trip to go see them, but my main question is can I legally bring my daughter back to Virginia with me. I already have a house, a baby sitter for while I am at work, and I don't go out running around with friends or to the bar instead of spending time with my little girl.

Please help.

Soooo, your 4-year-old daughter doesn't want to be married anymore? How long has she been married?

First of all, I realize you're upset, but you are now exaggerating or choosing to believe the worst. Your wife is not going to start exhibiting negligent behavior toward your daughter just because you're not around. So stop overdramatizing.

Your wife left you. She is now free to roam. I will tell you courts do not take into account cheating, if that's what you're planning on saying she's doing, when determining how much you'll pay for child support or divorce award or anything.

Now you both need an attorney. Let them work out the custodian arrangements. It is different by state. Chance are she cannot take the children and force you to follow her in order to have custodian visits. Chances are you can prove you lived where you lived and the court will determine that's the general area you must both remain in unless or or the other of you is agreeable to losing custody altogether. The distance varies by state. Do not start thinking she will be penalized because she took the child when she left you. No good mother would do otherwise. It would be tantamount to child abandonment. Your best bet is no contact until you get the go ahead from an attorney.