should I say something?

indie22

So my family and I wanted to go to a particular museum for my birthday. Once we became settled, my mom books a hotel and makes plans to go to the museum for my brothers birthday.

I was upset because I really wanted to go for my birthday and around the time of my birthday we were relocating to leave a (mentally) abusive father so I didn't do or get anything.

Should I tell her that it bothers me or look on the brighter side?

Is it also something that your brother was particular about for his own b/day celebration? (Perhaps she or they chose this venue also to honour/celebrate you in some way...and not just your brother?)

In any case, given the circumstances at the time of your own birthday, perhaps it will be okay to let this one go...but that may also depend on how you are treated the rest of the time, though.

You could let them know that, in your own heart, this is as much a "freedom" celebration for the whole family as your brother's birthday celebration...or you can just keep that thought in your mind as you have a happy time celebrating with your family at a place that is special to you.

You have a number of options -- positive and negative -- as to how you want to perceive it and what meaning you, personally, give to it.

• Like 3
  • Author
Is it also something that your brother was particular about for his own b/day celebration? (Perhaps she or they chose this venue also to honour/celebrate you in some way...and not just your brother?)

In any case, given the circumstances at the time of your own birthday, perhaps it will be okay to let this one go...but that may also depend on how you are treated the rest of the time, though.

You could let them know that, in your own heart, this is as much a "freedom" celebration for the whole family as your brother's birthday celebration...or you can just keep that thought in your mind as you have a happy time celebrating with your family at a place that is special to you.

You have a number of options -- positive and negative -- as to how you want to perceive it and what meaning you, personally, give to it.

My brother really does like Andy Warhol too. (We were going to his museum) I think I will just treat it as such even though I was very hurt at first I didn't tell my mother so.

I will let you know about any updates after we go. Thanks for your advice. :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Update:

Well the universe worked around this situation. We were having issues with money around his birthday, so we rented a car and droved to Boston. We walked around SOWA, an art district and had a wonderful time. ☺

• Like 3