My baby is having a baby

Grumpybutfun

Grumpybutfun

My oldest daughter called me yesterday. Guess who in going to be a grand poppy?

My wife is thrilled. I'm feeling extremely protective of my little girl. Her bf called my wife, worried that I was going to kill him. My wife asked me why I was cleaning my S&W.

No reason,

Grumps

• Like 20

You seem such a great dad, you will be a super grandpa too! Congrats!!

Now the bf can show you what he is really made of. Girls choose their SO according to the example their father set, so he should be ok. :)

• Like 4
  • Author
Grumpybutfun

My wife is nesting for when the baby comes. We live hundreds of miles away from our daughter but she is baby proofing. She's so sweet. Hey, she is going to be a grandma, she can do what she wants. She found a gray hair yesterday. She cried and I showed her mine but she felt it is different with women and men. Yes, it is because I don't care. I'm going to be a grandpa. Wow.

• Like 5
GorillaTheater
My wife is nesting for when the baby comes. We live hundreds of miles away from our daughter but she is baby proofing. She's so sweet. Hey, she is going to be a grandma, she can do what she wants. She found a gray hair yesterday. She cried and I showed her mine but she felt it is different with women and men. Yes, it is because I don't care. I'm going to be a grandpa. Wow.

Two years later, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how I got old enough to be a grandpa. It still feels a little surreal at times.

But like I said, it's fantastic. As much as I enjoyed and do enjoy my kids, spending time with my grandson is on another level.

• Like 7

Grumpy that's awesome news! I'm sure your daughter's boyfriend is a good egg.

Congrats Gramps!:)

• Like 2
  • Author
Grumpybutfun
Grumpy that's awesome news! I'm sure your daughter's boyfriend is a good egg.

Congrats Gramps!:)

I had my doubts but he is growing on me. He just sent me a text and said he asked my daughter to marry him but she refused. I told him she will ask him when she is ready. Poor man. I may have raised my kids to be a little too independent. :laugh:

My wife keeps dancing around the house and I'm in a constant state of happiness which is freaking me out.

G

• Like 11
  • Author
Grumpybutfun
Two years later, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how I got old enough to be a grandpa. It still feels a little surreal at times.

But like I said, it's fantastic. As much as I enjoyed and do enjoy my kids, spending time with my grandson is on another level.

That they are old enough to have sex is surreal to me though my daughter is pregnant by immaculate conception, of course.

:p

G

• Like 7
I had my doubts but he is growing on me. He just sent me a text and said he asked my daughter to marry him but she refused. I told him she will ask him when she is ready. Poor man. I may have raised my kids to be a little too independent. :laugh:

My wife keeps dancing around the house and I'm in a constant state of happiness which is freaking me out.

G

Ha,ha,ha! I shouldn't laugh because the boyfriend probably feels disappointed, but at least you have proof that you did a fantastic job with your daughter!

Well dance around the house with your wife, then you won't feel so freaked out. Do the cha-cha, the time step, Walk Like An Egyptian or Moonwalk and you'll feel better. :laugh:

Again, congratulations on your first grandchild Grumps! :)

• Like 3
littleplanet
That they are old enough to have sex is surreal to me though my daughter is pregnant by immaculate conception, of course.

:p

G

Grumps,

if that were true, you'd need to be cleaning more than a S&W! :D

Fats & congrats you lucky old so and so.

You get to do it all over again!

But be prepared. Once the dam blows, and flood could be a-comin'.

These notions tend to run contagious.

If you're not careful, you're gonna wind up a patriarch. Verily.

• Like 2
  • Author
Grumpybutfun

I'm a little choked up. My wife just told me that my daughter told her that she is going to name her baby, regardless of gender, after me. I have a highly unusual name, poor kid.

:o

G

• Like 6

Big congratulations to your daughter and, you of course, Grumps.......or is it Gramps now? :p:D

Edited by Shepp
  • Like 5
Congratulations Grandpabutfun :bunny::bunny:

Grumpy you have a new LS name methinks! :-) It definitely suits you

• Like 3

Grumpy,

Congrats. You will surely have a blessing coming your way. I am happy for your daughter, for your wife, and for you as a fellow member of this board. May you have plenty of enjoyable moments with that baby, when he or she gets here :)

• Like 3
Citizen Erased

Congrats! Grandparents are the best.

I never really saw how great my dad actually is until I saw him with my son. :love:

• Like 6
whichwayisup
Great news!!!!... now you can change your LS name to Grampybutfun

Wow you stole that from my head.

Congrats on the grandchild Grumps.

• Like 2

Congratulations

I hope her pregnancy will go well without any complications and she gives birth to a healthy and cute baby :)

• Like 2

Congratulations, to some it's kinda like having another baby of their own.

At least that's the way my parents took it when I had my son.

• Like 1