I made mends with my MIL is this the right move?

down hearted

down hearted

She did not initiate, she did not apologize or anything, i just decided one day to let things go for now although they are not forgotten. My husband is visiting his parents so i told him i have not forgotten anything and although i am keeping communication with his mother i expect for him to have a word with her and set things straight that she has to stop getting out of line with me from time to time for no reason when she feels like it just because she is frustrated that my husband does not call her as often. I feel this is my husbands job to say so and not mine. So me and her are having normal conversation through texts, of course she does not ask about me, she continues on asking about my husband and my dog, but i don't care i am not taking it personal. I am just trying to keep the peace.

Today she sent ONE nice text about i wish you also here, since my husband is on his way. But then she just kept it about my husband.

she also did call and we spoke for over an hour about random stuff and she was nice and happy because my husband was visiting and she misses him or what not.

I am not getting upset anymore, my husband told me when i started communicating with his mother, that he knows that this is hard for me because he knows his mother can be difficult and that he really appreciates me trying.

My husband has not seen his mother for 2 years and he will only stay with his parents for a week, is it wrong for me to still remind him to talk to his mother one day while he is there to draw the lines? Or is this too selfish? I just know this is a cycle and eventually she gets back to it again and i just want him to set her straight since he told me he will talk to her, is it wrong of me to remind him to do so? she insists of me naming a future son after my husband and i don't feel like it (didn't say that i just said uhuh no idk well see) every guy in his family are named after each other i don't like the name and my husband has had even financial confusions and problems because his information gets mixed up with his dad's and so on, it is so dumb, but its not her decision anyway right. I just hate how pushy they are about the name, i don't want to name anyone after their name not even middle name i just don't like it, and no is not a culture thing or anything i just feel its kind of pushy makes me want less to do with that name you know.

Edited by down hearted

It sounds like you don't see her often, right? Your husband has not seen her in 2 years, but what about you? How come you are still texting her or etc? If you hardly ever see her and aren't seeing her with your H, I don't see the need for him to mention anything. If she is communicating with you in other ways, I would just keep it very limited. Limit emails, calls and texts and you'll be fine. Some people you just cannot change and you can deal with this by limiting contact with them. Talking or reasoning with them is like squeezing blood from a rock.

It sounds like you don't see her often, right? Your husband has not seen her in 2 years, but what about you? How come you are still texting her or etc? If you hardly ever see her and aren't seeing her with your H, I don't see the need for him to mention anything. If she is communicating with you in other ways, I would just keep it very limited. Limit emails, calls and texts and you'll be fine. Some people you just cannot change and you can deal with this by limiting contact with them. Talking or reasoning with them is like squeezing blood from a rock.

Agreed completely!

• Like 1