what kind of gifts to buy family members?

jay1983

Going to California to see some family that I haven't seen in a long time and I don't wanna go empty handed. They're a couple in their late 50's. Any suggestions for gifts?

amaysngrace

A Yankee candle. Or a bottle of wine. Or fresh cut flowers. Or chocolate covered pretzels. A gift card for dinner. Or take them out to dinner?

• Like 2
  • Author
A Yankee candle. Or a bottle of wine. Or fresh cut flowers. Or chocolate covered pretzels. A gift card for dinner. Or take them out to dinner?

Excellent, can I take alcohol with me on a plane? And yes I'll be taking them to dinner, although I doubt they'll let me pay. Just the way my family is.

• Like 1
Excellent, can I take alcohol with me on a plane? And yes I'll be taking them to dinner, although I doubt they'll let me pay. Just the way my family is.

Of course you can.

Bear in mind, though, if you're taking it with you ON the plane, it needs to be bought after security. If you're taking it in your checked baggage, then just make sure it«s secured, so it doesn't break!

If you take liquids like alcohol, they have to be in checked luggage. Wrap the wine well to avoid breakage. Remember, the luggage handlers will be throwing your bags.

You can also send them something.

If you can get something from where you live & bring that like a specialty food or a throw blanket with scenery on it, that would be lovely.

amaysngrace

You can only take a small amount of liquid on a plane.

It's less than a bottle of wine. Check with the airline though.

How about bringing them something that is unique to your area.

I love it when my family comes to visit and bring me regional items.

• Like 1
How about bringing them something that is unique to your area.

I love it when my family comes to visit and bring me regional items.

If he's really from Texas, it won't fit on the plane!

EVERYTHING'S bigger in Texas!

• Like 1
  • Author
If he's really from Texas, it won't fit on the plane!

EVERYTHING'S bigger in Texas!

Including reproductive organs :bunny:

Including reproductive organs :bunny:

Oh my! Not really good gift material tho!

A mounted Brahman Bull head?

usually folks enjoy being a good host and receiving things like:

Hand soaps from specialty shops to place in their bathrooms for guest.

Hand towels ...Plush and soft.

Try an online site that does Treats of the month samplers. Be it fruits sent or desserts!

If they are movie goers- there are gift cards to place in a nice card to give them.

A basket filled with flower and vegetable seeds (in packets of course!) . I was thrilled to get an assortment of these when last I hosted a relative at my home.! Made me think of them after I planted them...:)