My sister criticizes me at any chance she gets! . .

ukie-cutie

I need some advice because I am not to sure how much more I can take. I have a 26 yr. old sister who seems to get enjoyment out of criticizing each & everything about me. I will be sitting on the couch & she will start a conversation with me, I will voice my opinion, & then all of a sudden she will call me "fat" or "ugly." Just for no reason at all. I could be listening to music, watching television, eating supper, & she will say anything to start an arguement. I don't understand what her problem is, & I have talked to her about it to her before, but she just laughs in my face. It's starting to really bother me. I feel I cannot even associate with her in our own household because I fear she will say something about my appearance or my character. It's getting to the point where I try to avoid her as much as possible. What's wrong with her? She's 26 yrs. old hasn't she grown up yet? I feel if I get a boyfriend, or do good in school, or even get a good job, or something good happens to me.. She finds a way to pick on me then to. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do & why she does this to me? It is horrible when you have verbal abuse going on in your own house. And my mother doesn't even say or do anything. I don't expect her to, but sometimes my sister comes across as a "bully."

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Print a copy of what you wrote here and leave it for her so she can see how she's making you feel. Add a note that you would like to discuss this prob when she has a chance. You may also want to include your mom. After that - it's on her. She's CHOOSING to be a bitch from there on out and if she does so - you can ignore her w/ a guilt free deaf ear.

• Author

But like I said . . I have already tryed talking to her numerous times, it hasn't done any good. It just seems whenever I am in the same room she causes ****, or she comes to the room I'm in to cause ****. And I've told my mom, she says ignore. But after awhile how can you ignore someone? So . . I really don't no what to do other-wise? . .

While i've never had problems like this, you could just snap and come back with a horrible insult that makes her cry, OR, what does work is go along with whatever insult she says. This gives the impression that couldnt care less what she has to say, and why should you?

example: "your fat blah blah"

"yeh i am, i weigh 600 pounds and cant move" then laugh about it

Tel her that you acknowledge that you are not the wonderful person she is, and that you apologise for not meeting her standards as a human being :rolleyes:

PS How's the job hunting going?

Mwahaha, or when she starts dissing you, start singin' "Jesus loves me, yes I know...." tra lee la lee la, etc.