Estrangement

all_cats_rgray

all_cats_rgray

I got this email from my mother after 20 plus.years.... of estrangement. She's has sent stuff like this before. It just always brings me down.

Yes, my dear you are a clever quirky crafts person. Truthfully, and you know this...not enough emotional depth for the fine arts though...Why? Because you are 26 years old and still playing it safe in "school". Take a Risk ! Please take your portfolio and great creative ideas and join/ volunteer/ apprentice with live theater sets, costume production companies. Allow yourself and talents to expand and grow out of the suburban university"hothouse". Faren you have something very special. I would be disapointed to see you stay misguided in continuing to merely seek shallow short term talent titillation "grades"at the cost of potentially good career possiblity.

Love Mom

She is crazy. Mentally ill.

She does this once in a blue moon. I guess the best advice is to not open.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this, stuff. I'v never responded. I feel guilty some times. But she's sick.

Who says that stuff. I don't even know her and she says this crap.

I guess I just feel so lonely. I what to talk to someone about it. I feel so much pain.

Maybe it's just me... and obviously, I'm not emotionally connected to it... but... Her advice is sound. It might not be worded the best way and is, perhaps, unnecessarily harsh, but what's wrong with doing exactly what she suggested??

Unless you're not in that kind of area, in which case, it's just a bizarre email...

• Like 1
I got this email from my mother after 20 plus.years.... of estrangement. She's has sent stuff like this before. It just always brings me down.

Yes, my dear you are a clever quirky crafts person. Truthfully, and you know this...not enough emotional depth for the fine arts though...Why? Because you are 26 years old and still playing it safe in "school". Take a Risk ! Please take your portfolio and great creative ideas and join/ volunteer/ apprentice with live theater sets, costume production companies. Allow yourself and talents to expand and grow out of the suburban university"hothouse". Faren you have something very special. I would be disapointed to see you stay misguided in continuing to merely seek shallow short term talent titillation "grades"at the cost of potentially good career possiblity.

Love Mom

She is crazy. Mentally ill.

She does this once in a blue moon. I guess the best advice is to not open.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this, stuff. I'v never responded. I feel guilty some times. But she's sick.

Who says that stuff. I don't even know her and she says this crap.

I guess I just feel so lonely. I what to talk to someone about it. I feel so much pain.

Why does she know where you live, and how to get in touch with you?

vanhalenfan

Is she's been estranged for 20 years, that means she hasn't really had contact with you since you were 6 years old. How does she even know anything about you or your life? At least well enough to make those accusations...

I'd say just ignore it the email...

• Author
all_cats_rgray
Maybe it's just me... and obviously, I'm not emotionally connected to it... but... Her advice is sound. It might not be worded the best way and is, perhaps, unnecessarily harsh, but what's wrong with doing exactly what she suggested??

Unless you're not in that kind of area, in which case, it's just a bizarre email...

Thats the thing. I do exhibit downtown often...she crazy.

I mean how would she know if I did or didn't. How would she ****ing know any ****ing thing about me.

Even if I didn't do this...good advice?..she sounds like a bitch that ripped me out of kindergarden because she didn't believe schools can educate.

WHO IS SHE? who the **** does she think she is? I don't understand I want to slap her. I'v never hated someone so much. She's never apologized, for kidnapping me, abusing me, abandoning me, leaving me in dangerous places.

I can't think, I cry. I don't understand.

She's a monster. I need strength, but all I feel is like that child, scared and alone.

• Author
all_cats_rgray

I really really, want to contact my ex.

I mean just so we could end on good terms. But thats just so he can ease his guilt for breaking my heart.

I can't do that. I want to just have things good with him. Its scary to think of ugly relationship, I just want things to be okay with us. I don't know stop me please.

It would go like...hey, can we meet up? I'd ... just like to see how ..talk..bla..I would just like to talk to you...

I need strength, but all I feel is like that child, scared and alone.

I'm sorry for your pain.

Have you ever gone to counseling? Do you think it could offer you any benefit to help work through some of these feelings?

Also, do you have any spiritual background/faith?

Edited by pie2
  • 3 weeks later...
ambientplace

She's clearly not respecting the boundaries of your estrangement, so she is disrespecting you. Stop being harassed. If I were you, I would cross out the address on the next piece of mail and write UNKNOWN and deposit in central mail box, w/o any forwarding address. Also, why would your estranged mother of 20 years have your address anyway?