Sister flirting with my fiance

Russian Princess

Russian Princess

My sister has been lightly flirtling with my fiance for some time. I dismissed it as nothing simply because it could be interpretted as innocent or friendly. But over time I have noticed something there.

When she visits she always were a revealing outfit, many time svery tight jeans with cleavage showing. And many times she turns the conversation over the my fiance, even though he is VERY shy and seldom wants to participate. (He is very shy and keeps to himself.)

For my father's funeral last year, after her husband left she changed from a pair of loose fitting pants to tight jean shorts and kept stepping in front of my fiance as we walked down the street. She continued to drop something and bend down. I asked if she had a problem and she laughed.

The other night at a family function my younger sister, while avoiding her husband, was exchanging smiles and looks with my husband. (I do acknowledge that it is a 2 way street and he may be friendly with her as well.)

As if the glances were not enough. When I went over to greet family members and get them seated at the restaurant, I noticed she planted herself in my seat and began to chat with my husband. (I didnt want to overreact so I continued to speak with my family for a short while. Afterwards about 10-15 minutes later I returned to my seat and she was giggling and flipping her hair, she didnt even notice I was behind her. I tapped her on the shoulder and stressed that she was sitting in my chair and she moved over to the next chair. She stayed a few minutes and then left.

How should I approached her? I really want to slap her and tell her off.

She at least needs to know that you notice her and that it is not appreciated. Also ask her why she would even want to do this to you.

Blood is thicker than water right?

If she doesn't stop, I'd let her husband know your concerns. That'll get her to stop for sure! (Hopefully)

Or

Let your fiance know your concerns and ask him to maybe be a little colder to her or something.

If shes anything like my sister she'll get defensive. Good luck but I agree, something has to be done.

I would beat the $hit outta my sister if she acted like that! Seriously she is acting inappropriate. I would first let my husband know that her behavior is pi$$ing you off and that you'd appreciate if he ignores her when she begins acting this way.

Then I would pull her aside and tell her you don't appreciate the ways she's acting like a $lut in front of your guy, acting like he's some single man that she is trying to get together with, come on....bending over to show her behind that says..."come on baby I'll put out for ya!!" :mad: Tell her to please stop trying to "do" your man or you'll be forced to no longer be around her and she'll no longer be welcome around either of you. You maybe should consider staying away from her for awhile (actually having both you and your guy stay as far away from her as possible). But make sure you talk to your man about this first and watch his re-action, make sure he's not into her as well!

Yes blood is thicker than water but it doesn't sound like her sister has much respect for her family if she is trying to get her claws into this girl's man. I can't imagine a sister being so insensitive!

Touch_of_Naughtiness

The way she's behaving is clearly unacceptable!! Tell her that she needs to worry about her own man and quit being so DARN friendly with yours :mad:

Put her in her place or else it will get worse.

Russian Princess

At first I thought I was crazy for just WANTING to beat up my sister and not wanting it to be true. (Also thinking that love is thicker than water. Thinking I didnt do enough to teach her about being a lady and a sister to other women, not just me.)

What hurt the most was this unwanted attention it turned out to come from my own little sister. I've tried to do so much for her, knowing she is struggling with her husband (who has cheated on her a few times.) But all of her problems aside, pain and heartache is no reason to violate the trust between sisters.

But I will take you up on your recommendations.

SuperMom, Taken Angel, Touch of Naughtiness - I love you all for your responses!

Thank you!

hug!

~RP

YellowLioness

Tell your fiance to tell her to stop.

You can tell her til you get blue in the face. She doesn't care what you think, though.

The only thing she cares about is your fiance and what he thinks of her. If he shoots her down, she'll go away.

Touch_of_Naughtiness

You're welcome.

Make sure to put a stop to your sister though and keep us updated.

Good Luck! :)

Hi, Princess

I too have a little sister and she is also very pretty. My bf came to visit me and he met my family for the first time. She too changed her clothes twice before going out with her and her bf, but I think she did want to impress him.

I do love my sister and yes, the touch of novelty she had did bother me at first. Of course, my bf noticed and I think he was much more interested in seeing how I'd react. You know what I did? Nothing. I simply left her alone. At some point my bf was taking a shower and my mother needed something from the bathroom so she sent my sister. Who realised half way that the water was running and came into my room laughing at the situation telling me she was about to surprise my bf there... You know what I told her? "Darling, you can go if you like" she sad "yeah, and I'll be dying halfway down the road, right?" I said "no, I mean it. If you want you can go". I was smiling of course. She took the hint and it went perfect afterwards. They laughed and talked, but my sis stopped flirting.

About your situation: I think your sister needs reassurance. Her husband cheated on her so she needs to feel she's pretty and attractive again. Unfortuantely, the solving of her problem is not outside her marriage. Be sure to be telling her that and... try to be understanding. She is very very vulnerable and not sure of herself. But if she's unhappy, she should get a divorce, not a lover, regardless of whom he is, husband of yours, of someone else, etc... Asolutely talk to her, tell her you're hurt by her actions and even if it simply is your sensation about her flirting, ask her to stop. If it does not work, you're smart enough to handle the situation using other ways.