Should I contact Grandmother after about 13 years no contact?? I miss her!

miz_barby

Okay now time for a personal question (something personal to me)

I haven't heard from my grandmother (on my father's side) for several years, I've moved a couple different times (she has NO way of contacting me). Well in the past 5 years or so my step grandfather has died and so has my father.

My father wasn't in my life on a constant basis he was in and out but his parents were in my life normally 2 weekends a month until we moved to another town and lost contact with them (I partially feel my Mother is responsible) but anyway my question is should I contact my Grandmother??

I had a vivid dream about my Grandfather and my Father telling me to contact her soon! I woke up feeling a sadden desire to write a long letter to her telling her I still think of her and wish we could have been closer (something along those lines)

Do you think she would be open to hear from me? Should I go ahead and write her or should I leave well enough alone?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

It shouldn't hurt to try...especially if there's no hard feelings! She could be looking for you! To open up the doors for people to have the opportunity to love you is an awesome idea. If it works out, the results will come around ten-fold!

What are you waiting for?! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Yes, yes, yes! lol. I don't know her, obviously, but I'm guessing there's a good chance she'd be very happy to hear from you. And if not, you made the attempt, and won't have to wonder "what if?" Go for it.

Thanks! No there are no hard feelings! I was only 10 when we lost contact and back then we couldn't contact them using the internet. I didn't do anything to make her not want me around so I can only guess it was loss of address, and unlisted phone number that made her contacting me impossible but she has never had an unlisted number or address I've always just felt weird about contacting her till now.

Thanks I'm gonna go for it! :)

YES!!! Waste no time. I am sure she is pining for you as much as you are for her.