My mother is being extremely selfish

alison1

Hi. I am currently a college student at a prestigious university. As I became older, I have began studying my facial profile. I have a weak chin, and I believe it detracts from my looks. I was embarrassed to tell my parents for a while that I don't like my chin, but finally today I texted my mother casually, saying...

Me: i got a 90 on my spanish test

mom: yay so proud of you!!

Me: I don't like my chin

Mom: shut up

me: I'm serious. it detracts from my appearance

mom: your brain and ****ed up personality detracts from your looks. bye.

me: can we please set up a consultation to talk to the plastic surgeon that has done your neck and eyes?

mom: leave me alone. stop this nonsense.

People say I'm pretty, but that's not enough. I'm unhappy with my chin/profile and I want a chin implant. My mother has gotten 2 anti-aging surgeries in the past year, and this doctor is very skilled and natural. Two years ago, i was considering a nose job and she brought me to the doctor for a consultation. I backed out of getting a nose job, even though I had set up a date, because I realized the problem was my chin, and not my nose. I definitely do not want a nose job even though I have a bump on it. I like my flawed nose, but I dislike my flawed chin. Why can't she take me for a consultation because of my chin? Any advice on how to convince her? Thanks.

1. What does your university's prestige have to do with this question?

2. Why can you not just book a consultation yourself? If you're at university, you're most likely over the age where you can give consent to these things.

• Like 1

You sound a bit insecure and entitled.

Insecure because you are making your chin the repository of all your problems.

The comparison with your mom's operations does not work, a college student should not resort to cosmetic surgery so fast ... quite frankly it points at low self-esteem.

And entitled because ... well.

Your mom took you there last yr for your nose, so who was going to pay for it ?

Right now you are upset that your mom won't take you in for a chin implant ... and who will pay for that ?

• Like 2

I've never seen any women over 50, whose looks have really been improved by plastic surgery.

They don't look younger, they just get this creepy, kinda ageless look.

Brrrrr...

• Like 1

Plastic surgery sucks unless you're seriously deformed.

And what does this have to do with your mother being selfish? Why do you need her permission to do this? I'm assuming you want her to pay for it?

• Like 1
DaisyLeigh1967

You are an adult. Get the consultation yourself and pay for the surgery yourself. Unless you have to have reconstructive surgery, there is no reason to expect your parents to pay for plastic surgery.

Hi. I am currently a college student at a prestigious university.

Hey, that's cool.

What field are you studying?

My mother has gotten 2 anti-aging surgeries in the past year, and this doctor is very skilled and natural.

Ummm... Alright... This is a very odd comment. What are you implying here? Do you mean to suggest that there's something 'natural' about his surgical technique? What does that even mean? I can tell that you aren't familiar with the field of medicine at all. There's nothing wrong with that...

Moving on...

People say I'm pretty, but that's not enough.

I agree. Happiness comes from within and not from external things such as a job or a new appearance. Thoughts create feelings.

Why can't she take me for a consultation because of my chin? Any advice on how to convince her?

What?! Are you serious?!

Is she serious?

Edited by ThatMan

*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

Grow the goddamn **** up. If you want to meddle with your looks, pay for it your goddamn self.

Your mother is right. Leave her the **** alone, you spoilt brat.

• Like 2
melodicintention
Why can't she take me for a consultation because of my chin?

Have you even considered for one second how this makes your mom feel? You are telling her that her angel, her baby girl thinks she had bad genetics and is ugly. You are also essentially telling her that you think her features are ugly, as you likely share similar features. Your are likely breaking her heart telling her all this as you are.

My mom bought me a boob job, she actually offered to give me money that was in my trust to do it once my cousin had one done without me asking. I guess she did this because I never said anything that made her feel bad about herself. Plus she thought it would help my career (I model time to time).

Maybe you need to think a little harder before you open your mouth about how what you say might affect your mother. If you could come at it from a different angle, maybe she would help you, and maybe not. If not then you need to realize your mother DOES NOT OWE YOU in such desires. You should be happy you weren't born with deformities or worse. Sorry to be harsh, but you sound ungrateful and like you have an attitude of entitlement, as so many young people these days have.