I made my older sister cry...:(

ChrisPA5126

My older sister, isn't older by much. She's 20, where im 19 years. This may because I'm such a perfectionist, much like my younger sibling, but we always dot on my older sister for being completely disorganized, and "unstable" for the most part.

For instance: I'm organized with my closet (By this, I mean, I wear clothes, and don't leave them stained, shoved in draws, for days--weeks on end.)

She goes in my closet, stretches all my shoes, wears my brand new clothes(still in tags) without permission, and I find them days later in my parent's room on the floor! Mind you, this has been going on for several weeks--probably months on end. She wears my new perfume, without my permission, and uses it all!! No joke!

The other day, my mom mentioned how disorganized she was, and that she was afraid for her future. I SWORE she said that. Just a few minutes ago, in a heated conversation between my sister and I, I blurted that out (which I shouldn't have) and she broke down in tears. My mom refuses to believe sge said that, and told me to apologize. By the way I see it, I shouldn't have to for mentioning the elephant in the room! Someone had to tell her, and if her crying is a method of getting through with her--by all means. I'm aware this sounds cold-hearted, but I have no problem sharing my things with her...NO PROBLEM AT ALL. And I've told her that, plentiful times. I just feel terrible she's crying now. What should I do?

Give her a hug and tell you love her just the way she is because you do. Also, remember that we are all very different from one another and that is what makes us who we are...different and interesting. Perhaps you judge her to be unorganized/messy, but I am sure she has qualities that you do not possess. Accept her unconditionally and understand that words do hurt.

Your siblings will be some of your most important relationships. As you get a little older, start to cultivate friendships and stop treating each other like children. One day, they will be your support group.

Now give her a hug and tell her you love her. Life is too short to let the sun go down on pain.

Best of luck,

Grumps

• Like 1
  • Author
Give her a hug and tell you love her just the way she is because you do. Also, remember that we are all very different from one another and that is what makes us who we are...different and interesting. Perhaps you judge her to be unorganized/messy, but I am sure she has qualities that you do not possess. Accept her unconditionally and understand that words do hurt.

Your siblings will be some of your most important relationships. As you get a little older, start to cultivate friendships and stop treating each other like children. One day, they will be your support group.

Now give her a hug and tell her you love her. Life is too short to let the sun go down on pain.

Best of luck,

Grumps

Thanks a lot! You're absolutely right, it is the correct, and mature thing to do. Wise words, Grumps

Give her a hug and tell you love her just the way she is because you do.

I agree with this. And while you're at it, get your mother out of the doghouse and tell your sister that you must have misheard what your mom said. Definitely apologize to your mom, too, for having used her in a fight with someone else.

I'm aware this sounds cold-hearted, but I have no problem sharing my things with her...NO PROBLEM AT ALL. And I've told her that, plentiful times.

Why would you tell her this? You do have a problem sharing your things with her, which is understandable because she does not treat your property with respect. So tell her that, instead of letting her think it's okay to use your stuff.