my mom got beat my bf cops didnt do anything.

lovelondon

So my mom has been dating this jerk for 2years and ig last month they got ina fight and they put a trespassing on eachother. They got back toghter and he said he removed it. So lastnight they got ina fight my mom went to hia house and she found out he had a wife. He started hiting my mom outside his house and banged her head on the car and was choking her while all the neighbors watched the cops got there and stuff and he keept changing his story he finally said they were toghter the cops seen all the messages and phone calls ... And my poor mom was beat so so bad but they did not take him to jail!! They told us the detactice will call my mom and blah. So what i want to know is why they didnt and can we press charges on him. What can we do he should ger punished for what he did to her. And she is so little 5'3 110 pounds and he is 6'0 big guy.

Please help me out

Thanks

Welcome to LS. Are you in the USA? Do you mind giving us an approximate age range for you?

That being said, it's very difficult for you to intervene in a toxic relationship.

Clearly this toxicity is having an affect on you. I recommend you seek some support for yourself.

Many good folks here can listen, support you and offer suggestions.

Feel free to talk, talk and talk some more.

I can only assume she doesn't live in the US . A call like that is a mandatory arrest, and it would be pretty obvious if she had her head tossed into a car for the cops to see.

What were you saying about your boyfriend ?

• Like 3
  • Author

We are from the Usa texas!! And well the cops didnt do anything about it at all. Thats why iam here asking yall.

HoneyBadgerDontCare
So my mom has been dating this jerk for 2years and ig last month they got ina fight and they put a trespassing on eachother. They got back toghter and he said he removed it. So lastnight they got ina fight my mom went to hia house and she found out he had a wife. He started hiting my mom outside his house and banged her head on the car and was choking her while all the neighbors watched the cops got there and stuff and he keept changing his story he finally said they were toghter the cops seen all the messages and phone calls ... And my poor mom was beat so so bad but they did not take him to jail!! They told us the detactice will call my mom and blah. So what i want to know is why they didnt and can we press charges on him. What can we do he should ger punished for what he did to her. And she is so little 5'3 110 pounds and he is 6'0 big guy.

Please help me out

Thanks

Based on your title, it seems like you have other issues too.

Are you having trouble with your bf?

We are from the Usa texas!! And well the cops didnt do anything about it at all. Thats why iam here asking yall.

Did your mother ask you to research what options she had? Does she even want to pursue pressing charges? Sometimes people don't, and you should allow them that option by not pressuring them.

Your story sounds unusual. It's possible you haven't been told the true version of events, or you're not sharing enough details for it to make sense.

In any case, if your mother wants to pursue this, she should call the police department and request another officer to review the police report because she wants to press charges, or perhaps she could try a domestic abuse hotline for advice.

coffeebean201

Sometimes these cases are a disaster and completely mishandled.

There are different resources in different communities.

Find out what resources are in your community.

Intimate partner violence is serious and can escalate.

• Like 1
What were you saying about your boyfriend ?

Based on your title, it seems like you have other issues too.

Are you having trouble with your bf?

I've been assuming that the thread title was an unfortunate typo; it's more consistent with the story if the title is "mom got beat by bf cops didn't do anything", since there's no other reference to a bf of the OP.

lovelondon, can you clear that up, so we can focus back on your point?

• Like 3

OP, there's nothing you can do about this case, unless the victim [your mom] whishes to do it.

The fact is that she stayed for 2yrs with a jerk, beater, who was married [now found out].

This doesn't speak well for your mom's self-esteem.

ForeverHopeful1
Wtf??? That has nothing to do with what i asked !! I dont need help for my self

In the subject line of your thread it says "my bf." Just an FYI. Maybe that's why people think you have the issue and that your bf beat your mother. Its what your thread says. Wtf?????

Phone a domestic violence support line for further advice. Where I live the Police can continue with charges due to it being recognised that persons in such situations often do not seek help until nearly 40 incidents occur. I cannot comment on what goes on where you live but would have thought a similar approach would be taken.

Sorry this has happened. Hope you can find support which has both a short and long term emphasis and you are able to gain legal advice if the Police have not acted appropriately. Never let anyone **** on your rights.

In terms of practical and emotional support, ask about the Freedom Programme for your mum, it is very good. If you need someone to talk to, please ask about this also - can't be easy for you after what you have just seen and been through over the past 2 years. Maybe go with her to the sessions?

The Freedom Programme has a US origin so should be available where you live. I have posted a UK link as this is what I am used to as a reference point.

The Freedom Programme. Learn about domestic violence and abuse

All the best,

Take care,

Eve x