My Dad Literally told me he hates me?!?

Pookie5

Before anyone thinks I am a hormonal dramatic teenager, please read my story and judge for yourself and then please give me advice:

My dad is a very nice person but he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.. basically, .. i think he loves us but he is clearly mental.. as a kid, my dad would always blame me for everything. if my little brother stuffed dirty chip bags under the bed, it was my fault.. if someone left the lid of the orange juice carton off and i dropped some, he would chase me around and beat me. he would always buy me everything and stuff.. but he would always yell at me and break my toys.. he said i made him angry so he broke my toy. Eventually that stuff faded... i would fight back and i became pretty strong.. but now its starting again.. . my dad has been acting peculiar for several months now. its horrible. this is just one nights story: i told him to buy certain movie tickets online, he bought them for the wrong theater. so then we got lost trying to find that theater and the entire ride he told me i'm a bastard and have no manners and that i am stupid and everyone in my family should treat me like **** and never even speak to me.. (im in college). get to the theater, he is obviously in a mental state of disturbance. he gets the popcorn, in front of 100s of people.. he drops the bag... i tell him that's karma. then after that we get to the movies, previews are playing and he's yelling at me for talking too loud. (everyone was talking). once the movie starts, he starts screaming on the top of his lungs. i tell him to be quite, he gets pissed... on the way back,, he tells me im a piece of ****, and that he will buy a gun one day and shoot us all... he left the hazard light on the car for 3 hours and he acted like he didn't do anything wrong and tried to lie that someone touched the car-- when the hazard button was pushed down.. on the way to the movies, he told me he hates me because im apparently a liar and that he honestly doesnt want to be around me. basically if i don't amount to anything, he will disown me.. this is just one night with this psycho... countless other stories... i don't know.. am i over reacting.. what should i do.. he doesn't think hes mental.. he never lets anyone critize him.. he doesn't like women.. he just likes my brother.. and he's also obsessed with sex.. if that means anything..

Have you talked to a professional ?

One think i did notice, is that you have a very short straw and 'dance with him' easily, probably from the yrs of abuse.

You will never be able to change him, but you can change yourself.

• Like 1

If you already know that your dad is sick. maybe you should deal with his behavior accordingly. If you think that you will still get hurt from what he says/does, then it's better for you to stay away (assuming that you can afford to not live with him). It must be hard for you to hear those words from your own father, but it's a comfort to know that he's sick instead of just being abusive.