Clearly my niece's relationship should be over...

juststarry6443

juststarry6443

But it's like my hints just go into one ear and out the other.

She tells me he's not romantic, too old fashioned & compares the things he does with past guys --telling me it's just not the same. Saying she has these standards and I'm just tired of the same old stuff. Nothing he does is enough yet she stays...just hoping.

The same thing when talking to her boyfriend...He knows tht their will no longer be any intimacy between them & tht she doesn't love him the way she use to. That she keeps rejecting every romantic idea he has and stands him up yet he wants to stay...just hoping.

I'm afraid this relationship is going to drag on til the end of time. What can I possibly say to them??!

Honestly I've seen this so much, I don't think there's anything you can say. Just put up a boundary that you don't want to hear about their problems all the time if she's not willing to come up with a solution. It'll end sooner than later if she's comparing him like that. She'll find someone else in no time. Thing is it sounds like she's the type that needs to be in a relationship. My sister's like that, she's never single.

• Like 1
NoLeafClover

Stay out of it.

You are doing more damage but adding more stress to her and her situation.

On another note, I seen too many good relationships going through hell because someone's parents/aunts/cousins did not like the boyfriend/girlfriend because to them, his/her shoe lases were not tied right, did not comb his/her hair, were too quiet during family reunions etc etc.... and that somehow does not make that person a good person or a good match???

If she is old enough and wants to stay with him while b**ching at you about their problems then you should tell me you don't want to hear them and that's that.