My mom wont stay out of my relationship!

HeartBroken928

HeartBroken928

I haven't been on this website since I was 16.

i am 20 and i have a 2 year old daughter. i started dating this guy in February. We have had some problems he's cheated on me once. I almost cheated on him with my ex, we've both done things that we're not proud of . We dated a month and then he moved in with me. I know to soon. We recently realized that, he lived with me for 4 months he moved out 2 weeks ago, we both thought it was for the best because we both wasn't ready to live with each other and we would always fight about the craziest things.

We both agreed that it wasnt good to fighter an round my daughter. So now we are taking things slow and starting over. We have talked about everything that has happened and both decided that all the stuff we have done was bad. Wwe are starting over and starting fresh . Because we both want to make it work. he cheated because he wasnt happy and i wanted to cheat because i wasn't happy. We broke up for .

Weeks and got back together Friday morning when he came over after he got off work. and that's when we decided to things slow and act like boyfriend and girlfriend and not a married couple. He said he was beginning to be happy again. When he came over he was just supposed to get the rest of things and leave i had sat his stuff outside on my porch. He was on my porch and called me to ask if he could say goodbye to my daughter for the last time. He had gotten very attached to her. Any way i let him in to say bye. As I was sitting there he came and sat beside me asking me if i wanted to start over and take things slow. We talked for a good 2 hours. I had agreed to doing so. It was 7am and we both hadnt been to sleep. So we took a nap and cuddled. He held me, when he kissed me he touched my face and rubbed my face. He was being very intimate not like he had been before.

Any way my mom highly disagrees in me being with him again. Now she's putting her self in the middle of my relationship. She gets into all of my relationships. She even tried getting in the middle of my ex/baby's fathers relationship with his wife! She's always been like that. I agree that him cheating was bad. But i also did things that wasn't the best. I was planning to cheat on him . I lied to him. I started having feelings for my baby's father because one night we had kissed .

How can i get my mom to stay out of my relationship. I am 20 and i dont live at home anymore. her getting in the middle of my relationship im scared that shes going to ruin it. Any advice.?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

How does your mom know so many details? Does she babysit often, provide you financial support?

It sounds as if you whine and confide to your mom.

It might be best for your future if she indeed got involved in your relationship.

So let me get this straight ... you are also mad because in the past she got involved in the relationship between you and your 'baby daddy' [love the expression btw], who happened to be married, and was cheating on his wife with you, when you were 17yrs old ???

• Like 1
  • Author
HeartBroken928
It might be best for your future if she indeed got involved in your relationship.

So let me get this straight ... you are also mad because in the past she got involved in the relationship between you and your 'baby daddy' [love the expression btw], who happened to be married, and was cheating on his wife with you, when you were 17yrs old ???

He never cheated and he wasn't married then. We broke up march 15th last year and he got married in july.

• Author
HeartBroken928
How does your mom know so many details? Does she babysit often, provide you financial support?

It sounds as if you whine and confide to your mom.

She got all her details from a so called friend. She went through my best friend and asked all these questions. She doesnt baby sit for me for any reason, and she doesnt provide and financial support.

She can only insert herself where you or others permit it. Nobody really cares what she says or wants, she's your mom. Choose better friends. Stop reacting to her meddling.

• Like 1

Girl, you are a child yourself! You have not made good decisions. Now you are involved with a man, and let him move in after a month. Please consider your child more! She does not need a revolving list of men in her life at such a young age. If you can't be strong and selfless for your daughter, then you should put her up for adoption. You are not ready to be a mom. You are way too young, and you still want to date. I don't blame you...that's what young people should do at age 20, without a baby. That being said, your mom has every right to be involved in your business. You are her baby! And you are risking your grandchild's well-being by going through all this relationship drama. What you need to do is stay away from men for the next few years, and establish a solid foundation for your child. If you can't do that, then your child will suffer later, and resent you for it.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

Quit telling her or your friends every detail of your life. Then nobody will have anything to talk about.

judging by your prior relationship with this guy I can understand where your mom is coming from... if you don't learn from your mistakes you're doomed to repeat them!

good luck

While I understand where your mother is coming from, I know the annoyance of having a meddling mom. I once left home to stay with my boyfriend and she gave his phone number to one of my aunts, so that my aunt could call and bully me into going home.

My mother also makes rude comments about what I should be doing for my husband since she is my father's slave. She needs to feel needed, especially since I don't tell her anything private about my life. I also do not let my mother help me with anything important so that she cannot hold it over my head later.

Don't tell your mom anything and watch what you tell your friends.