Why am I like this?

This has been going on maybe the past couple years.

I'm nearly 22, live with my parents. I'm about to start my last year of college. Growing up, I was extremely sheltered. I would go everywhere my mom went, did everything she did, etc. I was basically a mini version of her. Well, now that I'm older, I'm developing my own opinions and thoughts for myself and not all of them align with hers. She wants them to align with hers. She calls me a child. Whenever I tell her I'm going somewhere (friend's, bf) she gives me this look like :mad: and asks where, when I'm home, etc. (which is normal) but it's that really mad look that really bothers me and it's to the point I pretty much just tell her as I'm walking out the door, rather than ahead of time because I want to avoid that look.

Now, I love my mom (and dad) very much. So this really bothers me, but lately I've been really irritable. Like my mom will ask me what I want for dinner and I'll snap. Or she'll come to tell me something and I'll snap. And I always feel bad afterwards.

It's to the point I stay in my room almost the entire time.

I know this is really bad, and I don't know really why I'm like this, but I just want to know how I can stop being like that.

Philosoraptor

Sounds like your mother isn't happy with you pulling away and you're not happy with the control she is trying to put over your life. This honestly happens with most children and parents, but earlier in the teenage years.

Just calmly explain that you love and respect them, but you are an adult and they need to trust that they raised you well enough to make the right decisions.