Can't See Each Other

hopelessromantic96

hopelessromantic96

I met this boy when he was 19 and I was 16, August of last year. When we started dating things were amazing. I saw him once a week, which was perfect for me considering I was a junior in high school and he was a sophomore in college. My parents met him and welcomed him to our family. Since he graduated our relationship wet well. There was no drama involving other students etc. About 3 months in our relationship it was Christmas time and I questioned his older sister what I should get him, and the reply was nasty and unwelcoming. Tears were shed, words were said. Legal talk started to take place of how I was still a minor and he was 19. The age difference doesn't seem to be a big one to me, but his family just couldn't grasp it. The next few months were sneaking around to see me. And then it stopped when his parents found out. His family was furious. To shorten the story it's been 3 months since I saw him. We are still together. It's been an 11 month relationship. On an off I guess due to the fact we couldn't see each other. It's been so hard. I am 17 now, comes February I'll be 18. That's still a lot of months to go. Should I be waiting around for him? Is he asking too much of me to wait this long just to see him? We are so young, and I feel this is something no teenage relationship should go through. What should I do? He's been trying to keep me around, and I know he is. We love each other a lot, but I'm tired. I feel like he's just a text behind some phone rather than a boyfriend. Aren't you suppose to be able to see your boyfriend?

I suppose you have to abide by whatever laws there are where you live.

Make sure you are focusing on your own life too. First romances are very powerful and I don't think there is much you can do about those feelings. If you get too drawn in you could be missing out on a lot of your own development though.

In terms of looking at your overall life line this could be a highly significant relationship for you, no doubt - but make sure you do all the age appropriate things you want to as the teen years are a special time of self discovery. Do not base major decisions on this relationship. In the same breath I can say that I know a number of people who have been together since their early teen years so I know it can work out for some.

Personally I think it is good that you have had this experience - at least you know your heart functions properly but just be careful. His parents will want him to concentrate on University and so should he. I hope you have similar plans.

Take care,

Eve x