My dad is a hypocrite. How do I deal?

avocado

I hate my dad for many different reasons, but for the most part, he's been always cheating on my mom.

I never brought it up because I didn't wanna hurt my mom's feelings, but I always kept it in my mind.

All the time, my dad would say he is the preacher of "free sex," which means he is ok with people having sex freely.

I knew it was a dirty excuse so didn't really think deeply about it.

Recently I've got myself a boyfriend, who respects me so much.

We sleep together and stuff but it's not always about sex.

BUT, now my dad flips tables on me because he thinks I'm having sex with my own boyfriend.

WTF is wrong with him? Where did the "free sex" theory go?

I'm not talking to him right now, but some day I'll have to confront him and tell him to **** off from my life. Maybe I will tell him how I knew about his other girls all this time.

Or, how should I deal with him? If you have any better ideas, please help.

GorillaTheater

I don't know about your family dynamic in general, but my kids, the older ones at least, won't hesitate to call me on what they feel is hypocrisy on my part. Sometimes they're full of it, and at other times I pull up short and realize they're right.

Being the father of girls, I suspect it's as simple as an old-fashioned notion of not being able to tolerate the idea of a guy boinking my daughter overriding any other notions I had about sex in general.

Were I you, I wouldn't hesitate to call him on it.

• Like 1