Sick of the drama

pink_sugar

So long story short, my mom has a tendency to take out her relationship frustrations and general issues out on everyone. Every little thing we do, she relates it to my dad's hated of her and takes things to a whole new level and blows them out of proportion. She says she wants people just to sympathize with her situation. Sure, I sympathize, I know it's difficult for her to get out of an chaotic relationship, but she either needs to do something about it or accept it. I'm not going to sympathize when you take out your personal problems on me. I said she was being paranoid about something and right away she accuses me of siding with my dad against her and my brother and I having our heads up our butts and what? If someone tells her to stop b****ing, she'll relate it to her husband calling it a b**** and saying how abusive it is. I feel like I cannot tell her anything without being attacked lately.

It's probably not easy for her to get out of a chaotic/abusive R for whatever reason. People like that struggle on a daily basis and need to be able to vent. I would show her some compassion. If your dad is an azz to her, he's an azz to her, and if he's not an azz to you, you're just lucky. She's probably desperate to talk to someone, because people like her H can be so manipulative that you just feel lost. They play the good guy around everyone else, which makes people think well, then it's probably HER fault also. And they're left thinking that if she's unhappy with her R, she should just pack up and leave, but not bother anyone. Because nobody wants to get involved. And that's a bitter pill to swallow for people in a bad R. I don't know if he's actually abusive or not, but if he is, her life is already bad enough and she's suffering. Getting out is not always so easy.