Brother problems :l

ChubbyPanda

ChubbyPanda

First im new and hi everyone hope u guys are having a wonderful day. Second my family is asian soo that might effect things differently? o.0 anyways my brother is "special" but only because he's slow at learning and stumbles on words, other than that hes a normal boy. However he is rude, bad temper, and spoiled. Choked me once...>.> but thats ehhhh...yea.... he's not going to learn...so whatever... anyways he does not listen to me...and when he gets upset he ALWAYS say maybe i should kill myself or why dont u shut up? or even maybe i should shut up.... always hitting his head doing STUPID stunts.....makes me so angry... but i cant scold him since im older i have to explain things to him and tell him to listen... example when going out he does whatever he wants without regards to how i feel or what i tell him to do...they always tell me they will talk to him and tell him to listen to me but how can they? he dont even listen to them sometimes and will hit anyone ..so they expect me to take care of him... so here is my question i know he is my brother and i should takes care of him but why? he doesnt listen for crap how would i do it? hes not patient i try to care for him but no luck he only is nice when he needs something from me =-= soo...yea.. i know im complaining and i shouldn't so what should i do? im lost in this family so please any advice would be great help

First im new and hi everyone hope u guys are having a wonderful day. Second my family is asian soo that might effect things differently? o.0 anyways my brother is "special" but only because he's slow at learning and stumbles on words, other than that hes a normal boy. However he is rude, bad temper, and spoiled. Choked me once...>.> but thats ehhhh...yea.... he's not going to learn...so whatever... anyways he does not listen to me...and when he gets upset he ALWAYS say maybe i should kill myself or why dont u shut up? or even maybe i should shut up.... always hitting his head doing STUPID stunts.....makes me so angry... but i cant scold him since im older i have to explain things to him and tell him to listen... example when going out he does whatever he wants without regards to how i feel or what i tell him to do...they always tell me they will talk to him and tell him to listen to me but how can they? he dont even listen to them sometimes and will hit anyone ..so they expect me to take care of him... so here is my question i know he is my brother and i should takes care of him but why? he doesnt listen for crap how would i do it? hes not patient i try to care for him but no luck he only is nice when he needs something from me =-= soo...yea.. i know im complaining and i shouldn't so what should i do? im lost in this family so please any advice would be great help

I know it's not easy to do this, because in an Asian family, family structure means there are rules and so forth and it's hard to say no to your parents. But you have to think of your own best interests first and foremost - that's the way it works here in this society. You need to find a long-term plan of self-sufficiency so that you can live on your own and you're not having to worry about whether you upset your brother or your parents. For the time being, I'd just not put up with your brother's crap for a single moment. If he starts acting like an idiot, just leave his presence. You don't need to be around him at all. If he assaults you, you can either go to the police, or if you don't want the law involved, then just defend yourself. The short of it is, you are what matters, and everyone else comes second.

Harlequin_Dog

How old are you? I'm getting the sense that you're under 18 from your post.

Try talking to your parents. Tell them you want to be a good sister, but that you feel like you need help. While you may feel like it's your job to help him, it is also important to remember that you're only his sister, not his parent.

• Author
ChubbyPanda
How old are you? I'm getting the sense that you're under 18 from your post.

Try talking to your parents. Tell them you want to be a good sister, but that you feel like you need help. While you may feel like it's your job to help him, it is also important to remember that you're only his sister, not his parent.

No im not 18 im 21 no use talking to my parents they dont listen and yea whats the point? and i know i wont really get help but telling someone about it and getting opinion sort of helps