Dad won't come visit me but would go to a nearby country for vacation!

I am so upset,

I was talking to my parents and me and my husband live out of the US, i kept telling them i want to have them over so badly so they can experience this beautiful country and to take them out and show them around and spend time with them and what not. My dad said exact words "Oh god no, for what that is too far", yet he was trying to get my mom for them to go on vacation to a nearby country which is also the same amount of hours as it is from their state to my country! Yet he won't even fake on telling me ofcourse to come see their daughter, this really hurt my feelings, my mom was not in the room when he mentioned this and i feel like telling my mom, hey you know it really hurt that he would spent 20 hours going to a country nearby my home for vacation that is just as far instead of spending 20 hours to come see his only daughter at her new home. This really hurt me, but i don't know if i should talk to my mom about it, my mom does want to visit eventually.

What should i do, i dont have a bad relationship with my parents or anything but this comment really hurt. Like ever since i moved over here he had no interest in coming to visit me, yet i am flying 20 hours back home for vacation to spend time with my parents yet they wont do the same. I know if i had my kids i dont care how far it is, if they want my company i would travel a for 2 days straight to be with them if they wanted me there so i thought every parent should feel this way about their child specially their daughter. They are excited to have me over and look forward to it yet they have no interest in coming to my home and having them ver, i would love to have them over and show them around and spend time with them in my home in our new country. My parents and my husband do not have a bad relationship either so i dont understand this. Also, if it were my brother they would be there in a heartbeat, they travel to see him all the time but they can't try one trip to visit their daughter this trully hurts. Should i express this to my mother?

Edited by DayJ
  • 2 weeks later...
ChubbyPanda

well i dont know but i think he should of respected u enough to come visit i know i would be hurt to if my dad did that and yes u should tell ur mom have a family talk about this even if that helps not sure what more i can say but family talk would probly be best