I feel bad for beating my moms boyfriend wrestling.

brent3000

I'm 13 years and beat my moms 30 year old boyfriend wrestling and armwrestling. He's acted embarrassed ever since, but so has my mom. I'm wondering if it was wrong to beat my moms bf wrestling in front of her. I'm 105lbs and 5?0 and my moms boyfriend is 160ish and 5?10? I know how to wrestle and I'm strong for my age. It was for fun but competitive.

Before I wrestled him, he was acting cocky. he would come over and take his short off when he hung out with my mom. He thought I would be easy to win against wrestling because he was bigger and a grown man.

I'm afraid I ashamed my mom by winning against him in front of her. After I beat him he looked like he wanted to cry and he hasn't taking his shirt off when comes over anymore.

Girls how would you all feel if your boyfriends lost like that to a boy? I don't want my mom to feel bad.

I'm 13 years and beat my moms 30 year old boyfriend wrestling and armwrestling. He's acted embarrassed ever since, but so has my mom. I'm wondering if it was wrong to beat my moms bf wrestling in front of her. I'm 105lbs and 5?0 and my moms boyfriend is 160ish and 5?10? I know how to wrestle and I'm strong for my age. It was for fun but competitive.

Before I wrestled him, he was acting cocky. he would come over and take his short off when he hung out with my mom. He thought I would be easy to win against wrestling because he was bigger and a grown man.

I'm afraid I ashamed my mom by winning against him in front of her. After I beat him he looked like he wanted to cry and he hasn't taking his shirt off when comes over anymore.

Girls how would you all feel if your boyfriends lost like that to a boy? I don't want my mom to feel bad.

Lol, is this serious? I mean, how can someone that has 55lbs on someone and age(fully developed muscle) lose to a small child? You sure he didn't throw any of these matches against you? His weight alone and fully developed muscle-mass should be enough to beat you in both fields. Plus his height.

If you aren't a troll, and he didn't throw this: I am utterly impressed, bravo son, bravo indeed. I guess you put him in his place, lol. I wouldn't worry about it, if you did.

Welcome to the forum. Are you a wrestling champion at school or something? Because at your weight, most grown men could press you overhead. Are you sure you aren't having your leg pulled here? Maybe the BF wants to get in good with you and your mom wants you to accept him? Wouldn't worry about it too much in any event.

• Like 1
  • Author
Lol, is this serious? I mean, how can someone that has 55lbs on someone and age(fully developed muscle) lose to a small child? You sure he didn't throw any of these matches against you? His weight alone and fully developed muscle-mass should be enough to beat you in both fields. Plus his height.

If you aren't a troll, and he didn't throw this: I am utterly impressed, bravo son, bravo indeed. I guess you put him in his place, lol. I wouldn't worry about it, if you did.

I haven't been a CHILD since I entered my pre-teen years, and I've been wrestling for more than a year and I'm stronger than kids my age and size. Size and age matters, but has little to do with an outcome of a wrestling match, unless the difference is over 70lbs. And just because someone is bigger and older doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger.

If you actually opened your mind and tried to answer the question instead of insult I'd been utterly impressed.

No. lol, thanks for the response!

• Author
Welcome to the forum. Are you a wrestling champion at school or something? Because at your weight, most grown men could press you overhead. Are you sure you aren't having your leg pulled here? Maybe the BF wants to get in good with you and your mom wants you to accept him? Wouldn't worry about it too much in any event.

Hey Dasein. No he wasn't pulling anyones leg. He lost. A fifty something pound difference doesn't mean so much when the smaller person is stronger, knows how to wrestle, has better center of gravity, is quicker. I suggest doing some research. Its rare, but there are videos out there where kids around 12 defeat adults in martial arts, wrestling and grappling and a lot of them do it with power and skill.

chelsea2011

Kudos to you for winning! :) If it bothers him that much that's his problem. You're a kid so he should be giving you props for beating him IMHO. :) You're Mom should just let it slide and not make an issue of it.

• Like 1
I haven't been a CHILD since I entered my pre-teen years, and I've been wrestling for more than a year and I'm stronger than kids my age and size. Size and age matters, but has little to do with an outcome of a wrestling match, unless the difference is over 70lbs. And just because someone is bigger and older doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger.

If you actually opened your mind and tried to answer the question instead of insult I'd been utterly impressed.

No. lol, thanks for the response!

Haha, you are fiesty! I like that! I actually Do Muay Thai, so :p Actually weight plays a big part in fighting, and 55lbs is rather big difference, and UFC is usually divided in weight classes, as it does play a role. There are strong 13 year olds out there, and I have no doubt you are strong: But your muscle isn't fully developed in your body yet, so that was true.

:p I was not insulting you, I would be honestly impressed if you actually did beat him; it makes me happy to see a young man so capable of standing up for himself. :p So, if you would open your mind some, you might realize that I wasn't insulting you :p

• Like 2
chelsea2011

Actually, I meant to say that your Mom shouldn't let it bother her because you are her child afterall.

• Like 1

True story, I did the same when I was ten years old to my uncle who at the time was about 6 ft. 2 and 250 lbs.

Strong like bull I was!

• Like 6

I don't need the research, was a wrestler in HS, on the first string varsity, but no champ. There was a state champ finalist on my team and I outweighed him by just 23 lbs me in 168, him in 145. He was much better than me, but could not beat me, ever, due to mere weight difference alone. I agree with you however that a lighter wrestler can beat a much heavier nonwrestler. The reason I'm sceptical is that you are only 13, and at your height and weight, I don't see any amount of skill beating a grown man.

But, hey, we weren't there. We're just faceless guys on the internet. You were there and are in the best position to tell what happened. Still advise just to forget about it, things will get back to normal in no time.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't need the research, was a wrestler in HS, on the first string varsity, but no champ. There was a state champ finalist on my team and I outweighed him by just 23 lbs me in 168, him in 145. He was much better than me, but could not beat me, ever, due to mere weight difference alone. I agree with you however that a lighter wrestler can beat a much heavier nonwrestler. The reason I'm sceptical is that you are only 13, and at your height and weight, I don't see any amount of skill beating a grown man.

But, hey, we weren't there. We're just faceless guys on the internet. You were there and are in the best position to tell what happened. Still advise just to forget about it, things will get back to normal in no time.

Well, her boyfriend isn't a wrestler and isn't strong I am both of those. If he were a wrestler and stronger, then of course he would've been a tougher challenge, and maybe beat me. But I have him on strength, skill, experience, technique, speed, center of gravity, and I don't have to pick him up and body slam him.lol. Even though I can lift him and almost picked him up off his legs to take him down.

• Author
True story, I did the same when I was ten years old to my uncle who at the time was about 6 ft. 2 and 250 lbs.

Strong like bull I was!

Were you a wrestler or gymnast? They have really strong upper bodies. I think my strength comes from genetics, because my mom and her father had always been strong since kids. Wiry!

This is kind of weird to be in the dating advice section. :confused:

Were you a wrestler or gymnast? They have really strong upper bodies. I think my strength comes from genetics, because my mom and her father had always been strong since kids. Wiry!

No, I was just a freakishly strong little girl back then, with a lot of pent up anger. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Author
This is kind of weird to be in the dating advice section. :confused:

I meant to post this under relationships, but obviously put it under dating.:eek: It say its been moved, but I'm not sure.:confused: Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

What freaks me is :

- your mom did not blow up over this, or did she allow it [even worse]

- why was he taking his shirt in front of a 13yr old ?; why is a grown man doing that ?

• Author
What freaks me is :

- your mom did not blow up over this, or did she allow it [even worse]

- why was he taking his shirt in front of a 13yr old ?; why is a grown man doing that ?

No, he wasn't taking his shirt off in front of me like you are suggesting. There is nothing perverted. He has his short off when around my mom. Nothing like you are making it out to be. I challenged him to wrestling for fun, but competitive. It wasn't a fist or knife fight, just a way for me to test my strength...and put him in his place.:laugh:

Thanks,

Brent

I think he meant shirt, not shorts.

Anyway, it's not your job to worry if either of them feels bad because you bested him. They are adults and can handle their own feelings. As long as you're not being rude or hurtful, don't worry about it. You aren't responsible for other people's feelings.

• Like 1
  • Author

I made an error in one of my post below and said shorts instead of shirt. Its shirt. he takes his shirt off. The stupid website wouldn't allow me to change it.:o

If I were you, the next time he came over I would beat the pure living daylights out of him, then go outside and run up and down the street yelling like Tarzan. Then I would put a towel around my neck and pretend I was superman, jump off the roof, fly to the nearest convenience store and buy me an energy drink. Then I would return home and tell mom how sorry I was for the poor grades I got in school last report period. Now that's just me. What you do is totally up to YOU!

• Like 2
  • Author
If I were you, the next time he came over I would beat the pure living daylights out of him, then go outside and run up and down the street yelling like Tarzan. Then I would put a towel around my neck and pretend I was superman, jump off the roof, fly to the nearest convenience store and buy me an energy drink. Then I would return home and tell mom how sorry I was for the poor grades I got in school last report period. Now that's just me. What you do is totally up to YOU!

:laugh:. Very funny, but may be a little extreme. And I have A's and two B's. Have to stay on the wrestling and basket ball team...and get allowance. As long as he keeps his shirt on around my mom when I'm around and knows I'm the man the house. We're friends!

It's plausible that a 13yo 105lbs to beat a guy which is significantly larger and heavier who has no experience. I am proof of that. That said, I was usually the smallest in my weight division when I did wrestling, both in bantam and featherweight classes... Not many 5'2" guys out there.

Did you emasculinate him? Potentially. Best bet is not to bring it up again.

• Author
It's plausible that a 13yo 105lbs to beat a guy which is significantly larger and heavier who has no experience. I am proof of that. That said, I was usually the smallest in my weight division when I did wrestling, both in bantam and featherweight classes... Not many 5'2" guys out there.

Did you emasculinate him? Potentially. Best bet is not to bring it up again.

i guess you can say emasculated him. He doesn't take his shirt off around my mom with me there anymore. If you don't mind me asking, are you male or female? Did you wrestle or grapple. There is a slight difference. I don't consider him too much bigger than me. Now if he was 70lbs or more then I'd have my work cutout huh.

Thanks for the reply.

i guess you can say emasculated him. He doesn't take his shirt off around my mom with me there anymore. If you don't mind me asking, are you male or female? Did you wrestle or grapple. There is a slight difference. I don't consider him too much bigger than me. Now if he was 70lbs or more then I'd have my work cutout huh.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a guy :)

I did both, in terms of wrestling, I followed both freestyle and Graeco-Roman. Whilst I was in the US, I did more general grappling than anything else, but included wrestling.

I rely on my training if I'm ever in a fight and I don't have anything to deter and/or disable my opponent.

• Like 1