What is family meant to you?

To some people it means blood. but i think blood makes you blood, it doesnt make you family!

Family to me is just being there! Being there for all the big days but also being there on the small days, the uniportant days!

And also just knowing you! no one knows you inside out like your family! they've been there since you were born they know things about you that you cant remember!

I think theres just that link with family that you cant really put words to but you can feel it when your with them! No matter what happens, who says what you can never totally break that link! Its Unconditional!

In fact maybe thats what family means to me - its unconditional!

Very different for different people. If I were an orphan I don't think my definition would be the same for a suburbanite soccer mom nee fourth generation Smith.

So I would say for me it's my nuclear mom and dad and siblings. My aunts uncles and grandparents. But last and not least my friends. I have a lot of friends who kinda fill in the void of my "family" cause my parents are emotionally unstable and I'm the eldest and the rest ofy family lives in china.

So friends for me is also a huge part in making me feel like I have a family. My parents would never want to hear me voice opinions and sometimes my sisters are toooo young to understand so I talk to my friends about things.

It's hard because my friends all have their family too but if you find the right people they care and understand my situation.

Nothing anymore.

Since I realised that I have been used controled manipulated and severly emotionally abused for daring to a stand up to them and choose my own way of life and make my own choices they mean nothing to me anymore.

amaysngrace

My family means the world to me. Those before me and those after me alike.

I am truly blessed with a great family. :love:

• Like 2