Having to go to family for financial assistance

pink_sugar

So my husband and I are students who struggle on salaries that we are barely able to live off of. Due to the cost of my textbooks and my second job screwing me out of my pay, we are short on rent, so I may be forced to ask my dad for help so we don't end up homeless. I hate asking and although many people my age get help from their parents while in school, I feel terrible and that I should be able to support myself even with a job.

I know it sucks having to ask for help. Have you considered a personal loan, student loan, credit card?

I know its not the best thing to do, but if you use credit credit cards responsibly....you should be ok.

• Author

My student loans have covered some of rent, but the rest of my loans are barely covering the courses this next quarter and nothing else. Already have too much debt for credit cards...:(

would you be able to get a roommate? or reduce your expenses?

I think with your family dynamic it might be a mistake.

Did you move in with your dad?

• Author

I thought about getting a roommate, but it would be hard since we live in a one bedroom apartment. No I hadn't moved in with my dad because things had improved for a little while and I was forced to quit my second job recently because the woman was screwing me out of my pay, nagging me 24-7 with texts, calls and emails so much that it was interfering with my other job and school work. I am going to the labor board regarding the matter.