Parents that lie about their age

Seductive

Is this normal? Do you do this? My only concern is that my 50+ mother has a 30 year old daughter (me), and a 35 and 36 year old sons.

My mom says she's in her 40's, but people are going to wonder how is it possible to have kids as old as she does. Someone even asked me, "Are your brothers adopted? Your mom says she's only 40, and your brothers are 31. I assumed that they were not her real kids." I had to then tell my friend, "Look, they are her real sons. My mom just doesn't want people knowing her real age." My mom found out that I told my friend, and my mom got mad at me for telling the truth.

To all of the middle-aged and older parents out there, is this normal? Do you do the same thing? Why do you feel the need to lie about your age? Would you be offended if someone thought that your child wasn't yours, because the ages didn't match up?

To all of the middle-aged and older parents out there, is this normal? Uh most of the time people say about what age they are not the exact age. Some people I have met are like Yeah! I'm 56 or whatever but mainly males. Do you do the same thing? I'm not middle aged but i wouldn't lie about my age, that's dumb lol Why do you feel the need to lie about your age? of course once you hit 30 its oh no you're old and then 40 is mid-life crisis time and then 50 is really really old maybe thats why? societal pressures? Would you be offended if someone thought that your child wasn't yours, because the ages didn't match up? if i care more about my youth than accepting responsibility as a parent to my own child then nope that wouldn't offend me. but that's kind of odd. who cares if you're 50 or 40? why care what other people think?

I have thought about this recently. When I realized the ages when my mother got married and had me didn't add up. I think she lied also and must have gotten married about my age, to still be married without kids for a couple of years. I felt a bit annoyed as my parents hate lying themselves so much!