No freedom from parents read!

Katriunrod

Hi guys. Im a female 20 will be 21 in a month. Let me start of by saying that i already have an associates degree and graduated from hs and college with honors all semesters i made it to the dean's list. Now im ending my bachelors for which i will be graduating in may. I know i live under my parents roof and have abide by their rules but it is to much of rules. I have my own job which i make around 1400 monthly pay for my transportation and anything i need. By the end of this year i should be starting a career in law enforcement. I know its hard to believe but i have a lot of friend but dont go out at all this was until i had my first bf last December and he took me out on dates which had to be reduced to a weekend yes and a weekend no dates because my parents said i was going out to much ( note that im a full time worker and a student which only went out for two months) recently my boyfriend just broke up with me and my step dad came with the conclusion that it was because my mom allowed me to go out to much with him (twice a month) and this led my bf to think i was easy. What got me really mad is that my mom stood there and said nothing to defend me like he was right knowing that all my life i have been at home helping with shore and never went out even to the movies. So the thing is i would like your opinion about this situation. Im also planning to move out probably by next year because since i will have that type of job it's time for me to move on. Help!,,

Family situations are one of the worst headache I have ever had! First off, your step dad has no right to say anything to you, 1) you are over the age of 18, 2) he is your step dad! He wasn't part of your life and didn't even know you until your mom got with him, and 3rd I think your mom is being rude to you by standing there with drool coming out of her mouth, she should have had a say but I think she is scared of him or doesn't want to argue with him. I don't know their situation. Anyway, you could just do YOU, go out and enjoy yourself after working so hard. Even if they don't like it. That's what I did when I was 20, living with my parents. Of course they were mad and upset with me coming home late every single night, but I'm young and I wanna enjoy myself, I'm not gonna leave the house when I turn 40 and do all the things I did when I was 20. I'm not going to have time for that, I'll probably have a family by then. It is so damn weird how they elderly people do not understand younger generations, as if they were never young. Yeah times are changing but people need to accept that.

If you are making enough money like you said, why don't you pay some bills or have them rent you out the room you are in in exchange of your freedom. Until you are ready to move out.

• Like 1