Losing your parents?

look forward

look forward

The other day it suddenly hit me that one day i WILL lose my parents there is no escaping that fact.. My hearts been broken who supports me "mum and dad", i fall out with friends who listens "mum and dad", I was flat broke at university who was there to bail me out "mum and dad"...these are just a few of the numerous things they have done for me that i guess i have to be honest and say i take for granted... One day they wont be around to listen, bail me out or pick me up when I am down..what will i do without them?

They aint perfect hell who is but i really dont know what i would do without either of them and it scares the sh*t out of me..

does any of you guys think about this or have been through it..

Enjoy the time you have with them, and don't worry about what the future brings.

I was adopted at birth...my adoptive Mother died when I was 3....my adoptive father died when I was 20.

I know people who still have their parents, I'm 35 years old....I just see them as lucky for having them around for so long.

And remind them that you love them.....often!

And to answer the question of what will you do? Learn to be independant! :)

Something I try not to think about, though I know it is a reality. I have already had to face a scare of my mother dying a couple of years ago when she had heart surgery, and actuallly flat lined on the table. But, as much as we dont want to think about it, life does go on, and smiles do come about again. But ya, not something I try to think about.

End of my rope

I lost my Father when I was 15. It was by far the hardest and most heart wrenching thing I've faced. I was fortunate in that it wasn't sudden. He had terminal colan cancer and lived for six months after we found out. It didn't make his passing any easier for any of us, but it gave us time to say all the things that are usually left unsaid in a family. I spent the summer between my freshmen and sophmore year in high school taking care of him while my mom worked to support us. I wouldn't trade those three months for anything. One good thing that came out of it was that it bonded my mother and my bother to me stronger than they ever had been before. I know I will lose my Mother one day as well, and that terrifies me beyond words. I just take one day and a time and treasure each and every moment I have with her, every conversation is written into a journal in my memories. I suggest you do the same. Try not to take them for granted. Have meaningful convesations with them...and most of all...tell them you love them every day of your life...

• Author
look forward

I do enjoy the time i have with them.. but i cant help but worry there have been so many instances in my life where thier help and support have been invaluable and I just dont know what I would have done without them..

I know its inevitable that thier time will come and i have to accept it but the thought if it is so scary..

I will cherish all the time i have with them until then and hope we have many more years together...

Thanks guys..