Ahhhh crap. About my mom.

UCFKevin

I don't really know if I should post this, but I value all of your opinions quite a bit so I thought I should see what you all think.

I was back home last weekend visiting my mom and dad. They're divorced and married to other people.

While on my mom's computer, I clicked on the Personals for some reason, just for poops and giggles, and I didn't realize she was still logged into her Yahoo! mail.

When I got to the main personals screen, it showed a search for personals. She had previously put in ages 39 to 59, looking for guys with personals. At least I think she did. Would it just do that automatically, if her Yahoo account had her age on it, and it just guessed that's what she'd look for?

I really don't know what to think. I'd hate to think that she's potentially cheating on my stepdad or looking to do so, I don't know for a fact what's what, and I just don't know if or how I should bring this up. I'm kinda leaning towards not doing anything at all, I really don't know if it's any of my business at all, but...<sigh>

****e.

Darkangelism

It isnt your business, but yahoo does have a default age range if you gave them your birthday, so it might not be anything.

I just now signed up for a yahoo account as a woman who was born in 1955--and then I clicked personals, and it offered me:

I'm a: Woman

Seeking a: Man

Chances are very high you jumped to a conclusion :)

BrainRightHeartWrong

don't necessarily mean your mother wants to cheat...

i know while in a relationship i still looked up personals not for looking but just for fun or boredom sitting on a PC i suppose

its like seeing the personals column in a newspaper, you might look at them just to pass your eyes at them but most people who look at them aren't even looking for action!

:confused:

• Author

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, guys. Thank you SO f*cking much.

:)

I feel like such a tool for thinking otherwise, but...

Ah screw it.

<PHEW>

Dyer, you're awesome. Seriously. Thanks for that.

No problem--too much LS can make us pretty cynical in terms of interpersonal relationships ;)

i'm a bit late here, but i get daily emails in my yahoo account (which i use only for newsgroups) offering me men in my locale ages 18-68. i'm not sure how that happened, but i do appreciate their continuing concern for my evidently lonely state.

Darkangelism
Originally posted by jenny

i'm a bit late here, but i get daily emails in my yahoo account (which i use only for newsgroups) offering me men in my locale ages 18-68. i'm not sure how that happened, but i do appreciate their continuing concern for my evidently lonely state.

I never knew you liked geezers.

GiveAndTake

Just so you know, even if it were something she searched, it probably means nothing.

Every time I argue with my boyfriend (which is alot lately), I search the personals. I never call or write or whatever they do, I just look. It makes me feel better knowing there are options. I've done this for years even when my relationships were good.

We'll have a fight about what's for dinner and I browse what's out there. I never follow through with it.

It probably means nothing.

I've got my profile on some of those things. They send me matches all the time. I have yet to contact even one. I suppose it's not that nice to the people who seem interested, but it's sort of like looking through a catalogue - you're not really looking to buy, just seeing what's in the shops these days. :laugh:

• Author

HAHAHAHAAH!

So I'm not the only one who does that.

I always go thru Best Buy's catalog and see what I would buy if I was a billionaire.