Half-siblings or full-siblings

If anything are you more closer to your full-siblings or half-siblings if you have any half-siblings? Because in most cases, most people are closer to their full siblings than their half-siblings but also in some cases other people are closer to their half-siblings than their full-siblings and as for me I am close to all of my siblings full or half, doesn't matter

I suspect it depends on the level of maturity that parents show.

The few cases i know off, stepchildren are not close together.

• Author

If you have a half-brother or half-sister, you guys share only one parent but if you have a full brother or full-sister you guys share the same parents but for half-siblings I know in most cases some half-siblings I know, they are just as close if not closer than most full-siblings are

Good question. I only have a full sibling and my husband has a half sibling. To me, I always felt like a full sibling would feel closer, because that's what I was born and raised with. However, I really think it depends on how you're raised. I think you can be just as close if you're both raised together. In my husband's case, him and his half brother were raised apart and live across the country from one another, but I think they are relatively close for being half siblings, but not as close as my brother and I. My cousin has a half sister whom looks like him and were raised together. They are pretty close. I think they can be just as close if you're raised together. This goes for step-siblings too. My twin friends have 4 step siblings whom they consider real siblings.

Edited by pink_sugar
  • Like 2

I personally think it all depends on how you are raised. I have a full brother and 3 half brothers. Growing up we didn't say half brother, they were my brothers and that is what I was suppose to call them. I am close to all of them except one.

My oldest has a different dad then my 3 youngest kids, but they are very close. She isn't really close to her siblings on her dad's side. I think that is because she doesn't live with them.

• Like 2
RiverRunning

Lots of things matter here.

One of my close friends has a full-brother, who is 2 years his senior. His half-sisters range in age from 10 - 16 years his senior. For that reason alone, I think, they were not as close. His sisters moved out when he was very young.