rules on relatives

Ok, I am wondering what the rules are in this situation. My brother married a women who already had kids. My brother is much older then me and lives far away.(States away) Recently him and his wife visted and brought their daughter. She is my age. She is very attractive and well, somewhat in to me. I cant say I was not in to her either. I was. We even joked about it during the time they were here, me and her that is. This was ok as they live far away but things are about to change. They are moving close, same state, same town. Im sure I will see her all the time. How should I handle this.

How old are you? That makes a difference in some cases. You are cousins, but I don't see a problem with it because you are not related. If your brother and his wife don't mind it, I don't see a problem, unless you are too young!!!! You might get different opinions on this one.

So sorry! I meant to say niece.

I think that because you are so close in age and you weren't raised as relatives that it is technically ok. You might want to wait until she is 18.

Talk to your brother in private about it. Maybe he and his wife have noticed the connection. He might already know her reaction---it might be perfectly okay.

Good luck.

Talk to your brother about it, or just do it and see everybody's reaction. But here is some food for thought: If you get married to her, then your mother in law is also your sister in law.